Hi, whenever I got emails with tons of text and some image it somhow gets ... General Blackberry forum

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Truncated emails

Advertisement

Hi, whenever I got emails with tons of text and some image it somhow gets truncated. Does anyone have this prob? Or is there a way to allow it to be fully downloaded to my bb?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Truncated emails

under Messages / hit Menu and seletect Options. Do you see an option for Auto More? put that to Yes and save. It should now automatically download the next "block" of the email as you are scrolling down to read it. Let us know if this works or not.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    2569098C

Yup, my "auto more" is being set to yes already. The mail I received is from Yahoo! Answers. Right at the bottom of the mail it says "truncated 1991 bytes".

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

I think this has something to so with BBerry's html mail limitations. For whatever reasons, when I get Cc'd on gmail I send out (still can't figure out why I am automatically getting Cc'd on my BBerry only) it automatically truncates.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo
    I think this has something to so with BBerry's html mail limitations. For whatever reasons, when I get Cc'd on gmail I send out (still can't figure out why I am automatically getting Cc'd on my BBerry only) it automatically truncates.
    on Gmail those are not CC's, but Gmail uses a completely different type of mail service. So the sent does not have an actual folder and email clients (like outlook, thunderbird, entourage, and this BB) will see the sent as "a new message" because it was not there before.

To stop receiving those sent ones, you have to log into your BIS account and create a filter for the gmail entry - and just put it as "sent from=" your gmail address then tell it do not forward
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    2569098C

So is there a solution to solve this truncated mail issue?

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2

From my testing the following appears accurate on Tmobile - BIS.

1) The maximum size of an email length is 32K. If it is longer, the "truncated xxxx bytes" message will appear at the end of the email (at the 32K length location).

2) The Blackberry device (at least on BIS) downloads emails in 3K chunks. When you receive a new email message, it has the beginning 3K of the email message. Once you scroll down to the 3K mark, you can choose "more" or configure "Auto More" and it will download the next 3K chunk, etc... up to the maximum of 32K.

Using the Blackberry email client, I know of no workaround for this limitation. One workaround is, if capable, to read these long emails from another mail client (I personally have not used or know of any others) or through the web browser (eg yahoo mail, gmail, etc).

NOTE: The above is based upon my testing and appears to be accurate in my scenario. This may not be the same in your case.

PIN/ID
    2569098C

Gee.. Thanks mrdavv for your info.