Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i chose the blackberry for a few reasons: 1: they are fairly small and compact ... General Blackberry forum

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

Re: True to your Blackberry

Advertisement

i chose the blackberry for a few reasons:

1: they are fairly small and compact
    2: they are much more rugged than most devices and can take a LOT of abuse
    3: they dont have that silly touch screen navigation
    4: they are reasonably priced
    5: they dont run an over-complicated OS like windows mobile or palm, they are phones that happen to be able to do data tasks and use the internet, not wanna-be laptop replacements
    6: the batteries last all day! i know from experience that the battery on my 8703e will last through 8 hours of continuous web browsing and pin messaging and IMing
    and 7: they are just so darn cool! honestly, who here knows of a cooler phone?

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: True to your Blackberry

no real reason for having a BlackBerry, thought I'd try it out, it was between a Palm Treo or BlackBerry! Got the 7290 and is suitible for what I need! It's the best phone I ever had!!

skiffler no está en línea Stack level 1

BB newbie here. 3 days and hooked. Couldnt believe price of BB Pearl. Am still wondering what is the catch? It seems to do everything I need and want. Yet other devices with these features are up to 2 x the price. But hey, the price wasn't the main thing. It was the X factor I guess. Small(ish), sleek, black n silver ... very cool. I'm not a phone snob or a poser but now I have my BB am thinking very seriously of converting

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

My Palm was dying and I needed a replacement but wanted to just carry one device instead of two. I considered the Palm Treo (actually I wanted it real bad) but didn't want to lose my ability to chirp my family. Also, I felt like there were more 3rd party applications available to the BB. I got the BB and was hooked. Besides, I got a whole new family with it. You guys are awesome!

doyletn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189c268

My BB help keeps me organized and in contact w/ family, friends, and work also. I really love it.

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

i have a blackberry because its camera, email, internet and phone all in one devise and it has the ability to support micro sd memory cards. still waiting on streaming media... the other PDAs out there i dont find as appealing as a blackberry. i do love blackberry and support RIM, as far as new blackberries coming out... i get a new phone every year so i keep up to date with the new Blackberrys coming out.

:-D

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Before the BB I use an Nokia 6280 which has a lot of SWissues so I decided to give BB a chance. And like the old words of wisdom veni, vidi, vinci I saw, I use and I berried And the main choice for me was: It was new and complete different to me. NO symbian, no WM and no PalmOS.

Just my 2ct
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Well, it was out of curiosity why I chose to make the shift and it turned out to be a wise move. I needed something that I can carry easily, convenient and most importantly - mobility. Yeah, most mobile/smartphones does the same trick but in terms of form and function BlackBerry is the thing. So it's pretty impossible to adore something without loving it so it goes the same with BlackBerry (for me at least). BlackBerry - where life follows you. Having said that, BlackBerry Curve is my choice. Period.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

For me I have to have a PDA. With 5 kids, when summer time hits things get out of control . And they are crazy as well during the school year. between kids, hubby, my own work schedule, dr. appt etc....phew my BB does it all for me. Also being an EMT I utilize the medical programs.
    Yes I could have used a different OS (which I DID have..treo 600) but as most of us found, it was constantly crashing..I had a habit of losing the dang stylus pen, which is why I DON'T want a touch screen BB. And more important...they ROCK and it led me to all of you
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I bought mine because I had gotten the Moto Rokr Z6 that Alltel had a special on, it was my Christmas present.....total piece of crap...went through 4 of them in 1 1/2 weeks.....too many bugs......so in search of something cool and reliable, I went for my 8130 Pearl. I had an old Nokia phone with some limited web browsing and I have a Palm Tungsten E to organize calendar, contacts etc....so I didn't need a Blackberry.......OR SO I THOUGHT!

I don't know how I ever lived without it!!!!! One device, calendar, email, web browsing, gps, phone, tasks, music, videos, camera and video camera, games.........I don't thinks it's posssible to list everything wonderful about BlackBerry! Plus, with all we find here on Pinstack, help, new software, themes and more......we can daily make our BBs better!

I doubt I will ever try any other brand......My BB even sleeps with me at night....always there....and thanks to an extra battery....always ready to do what I want it to! Now just to wait for 4.5 to come out and the Docs To Go for easy reading and editing word documents and I'll be perfectly content!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

mz pnut no está en línea Stack level 2

I wasn't too familiar with the BB, but I bought my first BB (Pearl) because I saw some guy using it on the subway and thought it looked cool... came home and did some research was interested in features such as push email, phone, syncing, camera, organizer, web, etc. and went out to buy one. I've been hooked ever since!! Since then I have wandered off to try out the iPhone and Treo... and both times I came back to the BB.

dchandler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215EE851
    Bump

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    It all began on a sunny Friday afternoon. A friend of mine had a 7100i series bb and she was constantly on it; checking emails, going online, texting, playing brick breaker and such...I on the other hand had this simple LG225 AT&Apple gave me when I first registered for free. I was very jealous of people with smartphones so i decided to get a 7100 as well...But that only lasted for a couple of months as the 8100 had already come out. I was like hey, i can take pictures too now? So i got one and then after almost a year sold it and got my current curve. So, at the end jealousy paid off i guess lol... I love my bb and wouldn't trade it for anything else. My sister just bought an Instinct a couple of months ago i think and it broke last week....the touchscreen stopped functioning. So, she went back to them and with no questions asked they replaced it with a new one...I just hope RIM doesn't let me down on my 4th bb wich will be the Storm.

mattgirv no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    255575EB
    I have been through pretty much every platform of phone. I had a Treo (w/PalmOS), a XDA, a N70 but hadn't tried Blackberry.

I think what made me go for it recently, was my harking back to the Treo, I loved PalmOS and when they switched to Windows Mobile after my experience with the XDA (which wasn't bad but it was definitely more of a PDA/Gadget than a phone) I dodged sideways and got the BB. I spent too much time tinkering and not enough just using the thing.

Anyway yeah, so I thought it would be something that could live up to my love of PalmOS. And it does. I pretty much played with the phone solid for hours on end and probably have had more enjoyment out of it so far than I ever did with my other phones.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Like I always say, I started with a 7520 for work, then the 8700 and now the curve. I also have a personal Pearl BB. I like them because they just work. I didn't start to see them as a fashion like device until later. People always used to ask me, "Wow is that a BlackBerry? I've always wanted one of those." They are more common now but I don't see a better device for all the BB offers.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast