I was copied into this email at work. Just curious if this is true. My ... General Blackberry forum

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

True Or False- Tapping into Reserve power

Advertisement

I was copied into this email at work. Just curious if this is true. My BB is fully charged right now and I didn't want to wait to try it out. lol

"Hi:
    Sorry, no charger... but here is something for everyone...
    Hit *3370#. Every cell phone has "reserve" battery, that can be turned on
    via this method (sometimes it only works with low battery, but you can try it
    with a dead battery). The reserves will get re-charged when you ultimately
    charge the phone

-****** (name blocked, respecting privacy)"

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: True Or False- Tapping into Reserve power

i have seen it on some websites but never tried it. From what I have read, it works with some Nokia phones only.

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3

It's a myth. According to Snopes, that code just enables a half-rate codec on some Nokia phones.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by dclawyer
    It's a myth. According to Snopes, that code just enables a half-rate codec on some Nokia phones.
    Just too add to this, the half rate codec will use less power on the phone making it seem like there is extra power.

ericshmerick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B9FC53

I think this should be the case, but restrict it to 911 calls only. Imagine being stranded in the woods, you take out your BB, it's beeping low battery, you place the call. While dialing, it dies. You may die too because of the dead battery!

Now, imagine having a "reserve" that would activate while calling 911. This would be a great safety mechanism for equipment manufacturers to add to their phones. It really does make sense, but probably will never happen.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    I think this should be the case, but restrict it to 911 calls only. Imagine being stranded in the woods, you take out your BB, it's beeping low battery, you place the call. While dialing, it dies. You may die too because of the dead battery!

Now, imagine having a "reserve" that would activate while calling 911. This would be a great safety mechanism for equipment manufacturers to add to their phones. It really does make sense, but probably will never happen.
    My 7105t "radio" turns off when it has extremely low battery. One way of me getting the phone to work,from the main screen (cause my phone is locked) I click on (emergency call) then hang up, then make my phone. within a few mintues thou my phone dies

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by dclawyer
    ...always check Snopes if you're not sure...