has anyone previously owned a 680 or 750? How do they compare to the curve? ... General Blackberry forum

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3

Treo 680 750 vs Curve

Advertisement

has anyone previously owned a 680 or 750? How do they compare to the curve? I just need sometihng a little bigger than a curve. I doesnt fit right in my hands and im looking at getting a 680 or maybe a 750.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: Treo 680 750 vs Curve

you know;
    i had this guy that wanted a palm so bad, he had a curve before and he dropped it and broke it, so he bought a palm 680 and he wanted all of the functions that the blackberry has, and to be honest it has some stuff and it has cool features but it couldnt do what a blackberry does BES wise. Well anyways with my story, the dude wanted to get his palm hooked to the blackberry server and he wanted a blackberry data plan which you really can use on a palm, but it was a pain in the butt, and also you loose your voice plan if you connect to the blackberry data plan lol. I know this probably doesnt help you very much but i thought i would tell you, if its for buisness phone buy a blackberry but if its for play phone buy a blackberry lol just my thought

Alright cool so I will just replace my blackberry with another curve. Its just i needed something a little bigger for my hands. It feels small in my hands, and iI felt a 650 and 750, but heard a lot of bad things about them. i really dont use BES. So it doesnt matter and i miss touch screen.

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

Great posting by the way...actually before I bought my first Blackberry Curve I looked into the Treo 750. Even though the reviews were not that bad I came across alot of buyers that ran into alot of issues with the Windows Microsoft Media 5 Professional. Below I put my main reasons why I ended up going with the Curve.

Treo:

Weight: 159g
    Screen Display: 240x240
    Treo has no WiFi
    Camera is 1.3 MP (1280x1024)
    Battery Life: Is poor - needs charging daily
    Includes: Pocket Office(Word, Excel, Outlook)

Curve:

Weight: 111g
    Screen Display: 320x240
    Has WiFi included (Curve 8320 only)
    Curve is 2.0 MP (1600x1200)
    Battery life: Mine is charged every 4 days
    Does not include Word, Excel, Outlook however other apps which can be purchased/downloaded will work.

Good luck!
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown

I just wish palm fixed there main issues. I love thier form factor for their phones.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I have held and played with the Treo's. I have small hands, and thought that a smaller keyboard would be ok....The treo's keyboard IMO is thinner than the curve and the keys are smaller and closer together. Even with small hands, it was still a pain to type. It's also top heavy, so it was just annoying to type with. I even tried the new Centro...nothing is as equal in weight and size as a BB
    -------
    You may want to try Seidio's new extended battery with the door (the largest batt they have)....that makes it much easier to grip the phone!
    Last edited by ItsNowOrNever; 03-06-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Yea, I use the skin which makes a huge difference. So I think im going to stay with my curve. I cant deny how beautiful and fast the phone is. No phone can really compare. I just have big hands.