Hi, I am having a problem that i jsut cant seem to find a solution ... General Blackberry forum

nmirza no está en línea Stack level 1

Trash Folder on BB 8700

Advertisement

Hi, I am having a problem that i jsut cant seem to find a solution to. I am
    using a BB 8700 with BIS. When i delete a message in my inbox, and need to get it back once in a while, i switch folders to my trash folder on the handheld but its always empty. I've tried it by deleting message and then immediately trying to recover it but nothing in there. I've looked over the options in my BB but cant seem to find anything corresponding to something along the lines of delete messages from handheld without sending to trash enable disable options. please help.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Trash Folder on BB 8700

Should this be in the BES forum? Or are you a BIS customer. Either way this thread will get more attention in the BIS or BES forum. If your on BES Admin can restrict sync with folders other than the Inbox.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you are on BIS 2, there are no other folders other than your inbox. If you delete a message, it's gone.

If you have IMAP mail, and are set for wireless reconcile, then your deleted message will be in the trash on your IMAP server.

If you have POP3 mail, your message will still be in the inbox on your mail server, if you have the option set on your server to retain mail retrieved from another mail client.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

as lewis said once the e-mail has been deleted on ur bb if your on a BIS it is gone unless u are set up on a server which save a copy.
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

nmirza, Welcome to Pinstack. You are just going to have to be more careful when deleting on your BB. There is no recovery once delete, as far as I know.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

First off sorry if my original post was in the wrong thread. or is it called folder or forum or something like that??

anyway i guess thats a shame that the BB actual device doesn't have its own trash mail folder. I would think it would make sense to have a separate bb device trash folder, even if it doesnt sync with the BIS or BES server. maybe theres some sort of technical issue as to why this isn't possible? Even though i realize BIS is a somewhat crippled version of using a BB with a BES, basic functionality like a trash folder would make sense. just my two cents. i love my blackberry though and the addiction grows daily.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi nmirza,

The new BB architecture model basically defines the BB as an extension of your existing email account. That way, any messages you delete on your BB end up in the Deleted folder of your email account. In the BES model and the new BIS (2.0) model, the BB is not intended to be used as a stand-alone email account.

Solution? Assuming you're using BB with BIS, I would suggest signing up for a handy-dandy, cheap-as-free GMail account and hooking up your BB to it. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle, really.

I already have gmail, and my corporate email synced to my BB (but throguh BIS, not BES). So any emails i delete off bb are still acessible on my original work or gmail accounts on respective web/outlook folders. I jsut once in a while will delete messages off BB to conserve space on my BIS account (25 megs), but might later need them when i dont have access to my computer. anyway thanks for your responses, at this point its just more curioisity on my behalf as to why this apprently simple procedure couldnt be implemented rather than trying to find a solution for it.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BIS 2.0 does not have a 25 MB limit. It has a 150 MB of traffic limit per month.

BIS 1.8 has the 25 MB limit, but it is also a webmail app, and does support folders.

Regardless, instead of deleting a message, save it. It will be placed in the saved message queue (I won't say folder, because it's not a folder). In that queue are all the saved messages and those are never deleted.

(I just check mine, and I have messages over a year old!! And that's also been migrated across two devices!!)