O.k. know thats an idea, I've mentioned it before and heard others mention it also ... General Blackberry forum

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Trash Can anybody!

Advertisement

O.k. know thats an idea, I've mentioned it before and heard others mention it also but I don't know maybe if we get enough posts and then tell a software engineer to do this or just hand it over to rim or something. Today I deleted a picture that I took in Mexico in Feb. of this year, it was of my now deceased grandpa who passed away in April also of this year, well I deleted it on accident and I'm really upset theres no way to recover it I know, the thing is that it happend right when I was transfering pictures to my pc using bluetooth, my stupid *** was doing it too fast or something but it happend and worst thing is that I'm willing to bet this happends to a lot of peaple if not everybody sometime or another the point is that I need a trash can, recycle bin or whatever you wish to call it, on my Berry! Please can someone please make this happen!

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    I am very sorry to hear that and i entirely agree with you. Although that however does prevent a quick single touch erase, that creates a quick single touch, never recover erase of files. Such feature for percussion would make the it very good! I don't see it being very difficult. Instead of making it second prompt option such as "are you REALLY willing to delete this?" those kind of prompt can be stored in a separate app. Simplest way to put this, is instead of asking reassurance right away, rim could put it into a different "folder" for review and approval or disapproval of the second prompt! Thats the most basic way to describe it to show just how simple such thing would be! I am fairly sure that engineers at rim could whip this up in a matter of weeks! that would improve the usability and friendliness of the device and os a huge bunch
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, that would be cool. Just like in most PC-based e-mail clients, you have a Deleted Items folder or Trash folder. Seems like a simple, yet elegant solution to something I'm sure many other people have had issues with.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    thats my exact though, to get it alittle more compleks there can be two of them, one for the messages that can be synced with bes, and the other is simply located under the media part that will be in the end of the list after video and stuff. At least releasing the media only trash would be good! Mail trash seems a little more complecs and will require unpgrade for bes and the os, and would be quite hard to complete, so at least the media one is simple enough and should defenetly be added!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Quote Originally Posted by lexo View Post
    O.k. know thats an idea, I've mentioned it before and heard others mention it also but I don't know maybe if we get enough posts and then tell a software engineer to do this or just hand it over to rim or something. Today I deleted a picture that I took in Mexico in Feb. of this year, it was of my now deceased grandpa who passed away in April also of this year, well I deleted it on accident and I'm really upset theres no way to recover it I know, the thing is that it happend right when I was transfering pictures to my pc using bluetooth, my stupid *** was doing it too fast or something but it happend and worst thing is that I'm willing to bet this happends to a lot of peaple if not everybody sometime or another the point is that I need a trash can, recycle bin or whatever you wish to call it, on my Berry! Please can someone please make this happen!

i have suggested this sooooooo many times. i am beginning to wonder when they will listen
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    While your situation sucks, I really have no need for a trash can/recycle bin type deal. Same with my computer.