Hi all. A friend of mine has a very cool theme on his bb (same ... General Blackberry forum

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Transfering themes between bbs

Advertisement

Hi all. A friend of mine has a very cool theme on his bb (same model as mine), but the knucklehead doesn't remembers where did he got it from.
    Is there any way he could transfer it to mine? Maybe copying it to my PC via the desktop mgr so I can install it from there?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Transfering themes between bbs

The only way you're going to get it to you BB is to get the alx/cod or jar/jad files.

Sorry you're going to figure out where your buddy got it.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf12321
    Hi all. A friend of mine has a very cool theme on his bb (same model as mine), but the knucklehead doesn't remembers where did he got it from.
    Is there any way he could transfer it to mine? Maybe copying it to my PC via the desktop mgr so I can install it from there?
    Reddog is correct, but if it's an alx/cod (like a Plazmic theme) your friend will have the files on his computer: in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\7100-v4.1.0.377_P1.8.0.154. (The last part of the path may be a different model and OS)

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thank you both for your replies. I think is a lost cause, because he knows he got it ota but he doesn't remember where from. I have smacked the back of his head several times but to no avail Seriously though, my only chance would be if he plugs his BB to my PC, ask desktop manager to do a full backup and extract the atx/cod/jar/jad/whatever from it. Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by asdf12321
    Thank you both for your replies. I think is a lost cause, because he knows he got it ota but he doesn't remember where from. I have smacked the back of his head several times but to no avail Seriously though, my only chance would be if he plugs his BB to my PC, ask desktop manager to do a full backup and extract the atx/cod/jar/jad/whatever from it. Is that possible?
    No. Backups only save user data and settings. Sorry -