Hi folks, Just switched from a Treo 650 to BB Pearl (AT&T) about 1 week ... General Blackberry forum

fritzykadoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FB96F8

Transfering files from PC to BB Pearl

Advertisement

Hi folks,

Just switched from a Treo 650 to BB Pearl (AT&T) about 1 week and have been looking for a program that will let me transfer a bunch of "non-media" files to the Pearl. These are mainly MS Word, Excel and PDF files which I would like to also be able to view/review on the Pearl. I have BB Desktop 4.2 (which comes with the Roxio Media manager). Ideally, I would like to have hese files reside on the micro-SD card in a directory structure of my chosing.

What are some of the prgrams that will allow file transfers from the PC to the Pearl?
    Does the Pearl come with built-in viewers for Word, Excel and PDF files?

Note...I do not have any data plan at all so any solutions involving emailing the files to myself are not going to work for me .

Thanks.
    Fritz

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Transfering files from PC to BB Pearl

Hi, welcome to the stacks! You should be able to view the micro SD card as a Removable Device in windows explorer.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

fritzykadoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FB96F8

Re: Transfering files from PC to BB Pearl

Thanks for the welcome and also for the "should have thunk of that myself" tip.

A follow-on question... will I also be able to view/add/remove the files on the Pearl internal memory with Windos Explorer orjust the files on the micoSD card? I suspect the answer is only the microSD car, but thought I would ask anyway.

Fritz
    P.S. You must be a Manchester fan..don't follow football here in the US (soccer it's called here). Hope they are doing well this year.