I have just recently purchased a used 7100g from a friend so I could decide ... General Blackberry forum

doug355gta no está en línea Stack level 1

Transfering files from PC to BB and need help.

Advertisement

I have just recently purchased a used 7100g from a friend so I could decide if I would enjoy it and possibly buy a new model. I have loved it so far but I am trying how to figure out how to transfer photos from my PC to my BB. I have the correct USB cable and when I plugged it in my PC recognized it and searched online for the "appropriate" software and said it successfully downloaded and installed it but I cannot seem to get it to work. I have searched the forum but I have yet to come up with an answer. If any one could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Transfering files from PC to BB and need help.

did you download a desk top manager program? if not go to rim.com and get one then try
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

doug355gta no está en línea Stack level 1

I am actually downloading 4.2 right now. Just discovered it.

Quote Originally Posted by doug355gta View Post
    I have just recently purchased a used 7100g from a friend so I could decide if I would enjoy it and possibly buy a new model. I have loved it so far but I am trying how to figure out how to transfer photos from my PC to my BB. I have the correct USB cable and when I plugged it in my PC recognized it and searched online for the "appropriate" software and said it successfully downloaded and installed it but I cannot seem to get it to work. I have searched the forum but I have yet to come up with an answer. If any one could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Your 7100g will not be able to download multimedia files from your computer using Desktop Manager. 7100 is a 32mb device and is unable to run the 4.2 OS, which is what is necessary for Desktop Manager's "Media Manager" to work. However, there are a couple of aftermarket applications you can use. I use "Ascendo Photos" to load pics onto my BB. The only problem is that when images are downloaded using Ascendo Photos, they are not available for use as desktops, etc., only for viewing.

tommyrock no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300CE1E1

Question Re: Transfering files from PC to BB and need help.

does that hold true for the 7250 as well? , I ve seen this question asked alot with no answers. No downloading pics for screensavers right?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrock View Post
    does that hold true for the 7250 as well? , I ve seen this question asked alot with no answers. No downloading pics for screensavers right?
    That's correct. As far as devices go, 64mb devices are able to use the 4.2 Operating System, which is what is required for DM to download files. That would be the 7130 model and newer. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news -

Although the good news is that aftermarket prgs like Ascendo do a better job of organizing/displaying your photos, and don't have the silly 15mb memory limit on pictures that newer BBs have in their media areas - - -