Hey, this is my first post on this forum! My question is: I am coming ... General Blackberry forum

zagguru no está en línea Stack level 1

Transfer SMS and Contacts from PPC Windows Mobile to Blackberry

Advertisement

Hey, this is my first post on this forum!

My question is:
    I am coming from a windows mobile phone (Touch Pro) and going to a Blackberry (Storm). My major concern was transfering my texts. I read that it is pretty easy transfering contacts via outlook, but i couldnt find anything in regards to texts.
    I have backed up my texts using programs like SPB backup and PIM Backup, is there anyway to restore these on a blackberry? Anyway to put it to a Pc then to the blackberry. I am willing to try anything to get this to work.

Please leave me your suggestions and comments.

Thanx!!

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Desktop manager has the switch device option for windows mobile to blackberry which should probably switch your texts over...not sure but I'm sure someone will confirm
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    Desktop manager has the switch device option for windows mobile to blackberry which should probably switch your texts over...not sure but I'm sure someone will confirm
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    I just downloaded desktop manager and one of the settings is Switch device wizard. It give you the option to switch from another device to a blackberry. Here is what it says. "Import organizer data from a Palm Device or a Windows Mobile device to a blackberry device."
    Does anyone know if organzier data includes SMS?
    If not, what are my other options of transfering SMS?

Ok, so i tried the desktop manager option, but it only transfered contacts, calendar, and memos, it didnt do texts.

Does anyone else know another method?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I believe there is an option to select certain files from your device to your bb. I transferred all my texts from my old 8310 to my new curve using advanced options i believe under restore/backup I think you have the same option under the options tab for switching devices. Correct me if i'm wrong but i know i did once
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Ya, i know you can do from blackberry to blackberry. I went on desktop manager and selected restore but it needs a backup in the form of .ipd. Is there a backup for windows that backups up in an .ipd format?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    have you tried plugging both phones at the same time via usb and kinda do a drag and drop through DM? Just a thought

i tried that initally, but it only transfered contacts, calander, and memos. If you know something i dont, do you mind giving me step by step directions?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I guess I ran outta ideas but I know your answer will get answered here. I think I know a couple of people here that might help you more than I have. Let me ask them and forward them here for ya. Hang on...

thanx so much! let me know what you can find

anyone have any suggestions? as you can see, i really want this to happen, im willing to give anything a try (aside from forwarding texts to myslef)

Quote Originally Posted by zagguru View Post
    anyone have any suggestions? as you can see, i really want this to happen, im willing to give anything a try (aside from forwarding texts to myslef)
    Good afternoon - 1. You can save the body of your SMS messages by doing a copy/paste to a Word document on your Windows Mobile device, then transfer the document to your PC. Then transfer it over to the Berry. I've not looked closely at a Storm, but I know that the Pearl Flip has Documents to Go, so I assume (or, rather, hope) the Storm has it too - if so, then your old SMS will be available on the Storm by viewing the doc. 2. If you want to move them over and keep them in SMS format, forward them to a friend - switch phones - have him forward them back to you. (even though you said you don't want to do that, it works - -).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Good afternoon - 1. You can save the body of your SMS messages by doing a copy/paste to a Word document on your Windows Mobile device, then transfer the document to your PC. Then transfer it over to the Berry. I've not looked closely at a Storm, but I know that the Pearl Flip has Documents to Go, so I assume (or, rather, hope) the Storm has it too - if so, then your old SMS will be available on the Storm by viewing the doc. 2. If you want to move them over and keep them in SMS format, forward them to a friend - switch phones - have him forward them back to you. (even though you said you don't want to do that, it works - -).

Id like to keep them in the regular text format. I dont understand why this cant work, when my sister changed from treo to a different treo, she backed up everything on a memory card and then restored it onto the new one, i once did the same with 2 windows mobile phones.
    Are there programs that backup on windowsmobile and restore to blackberry? Can i convert the backup file into .ipd?

Anyother suggestions that you guys have?