I recently sold my 8703e on Verizon to a friend. Does anyone know how to ... General Blackberry forum

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Transfer PIN?

Advertisement

I recently sold my 8703e on Verizon to a friend. Does anyone know how to go about switching my old PIN into his name? Do I call Verizon? Does he call? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    PIN - 24053627

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Transfer PIN?

You would have to delete the BIS account online and then he will setup a new BIS account using that PIN.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    You would have to delete the BIS account online and then he will setup a new BIS account using that PIN.
    Thanks we'll give it a shot.

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

See once you have change your pin to 8800 on BIS, then it should be OK. That's if you are with the same vendor and account

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXSquared
    See once you have change your pin to 8800 on BIS, then it should be OK. That's if you are with the same vendor and account
    When my friend goes into the bis -- with my account name/password -- and tries to change over the pin it says account already exists. Is there an option in the bis to delete account when you log in on the computer? We've just tried it on the device only.

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

In that case you will need to contact your carrier

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan08
    When my friend goes into the bis -- with my account name/password -- and tries to change over the pin it says account already exists. Is there an option in the bis to delete account when you log in on the computer? We've just tried it on the device only.
    Your friend has to establish his own BIS account. You have to close out your BIS account and cancel your BB service which releases the PIN and IMEI so the buyer can set up their own account.

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Your friend has to establish his own BIS account. You have to close out your BIS account and cancel your BB service which releases the PIN and IMEI so the buyer can set up their own account, select "SETTINGS" and "CHANGE HANDHELD" and add the PIN and IMEI for the 8800. That should release the PIN and IMEI for the 8700 for your friend. Then he/she needs to call the carrier and set up service and a BB data plan. Once the carrier provisions the BB, he/she can then go into BIS and set up the BB there.

PIN/ID

Thanks for the help. I assume since I switched from Verizon to Cingular it's not as simple as simply changing the device in the bis (w/ Verizon's login page)? I already set my bis up with Cingular and everything works fine. I guess I need to contact Verizon and release my old pin/imei to him.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Thanks for the help. I assume since I switched from Verizon to Cingular it's not as simple as simply changing the device in the bis (w/ Verizon's login page)? I already set my bis up with Cingular and everything works fine. I guess I need to contact Verizon and release my old pin/imei to him.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Now that does make a difference, switching carriers that is. I don't think you mentioned that int he original post did you?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I assume since I switched from Verizon to Cingular it's not as simple as simply changing the device in the bis (w/ Verizon's login page)?
    Nope. BIS accounts are unique to each carrier. You can't transfer a BIS account from one carrier to another.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Now that does make a difference, switching carriers that is. I don't think you mentioned that int he original post did you?
    Probably not any difference?