Hi. I am very new to the 'Blackberry thing' and I can say that so ... General Blackberry forum

Fletch no está en línea Stack level 1

Transfer Palm to BB

Advertisement

Hi. I am very new to the 'Blackberry thing' and I can say that so far I'm pretty impressed. I only got my 8700g last Friday and had to go through the 'I'm gonna hit it with a hammer soon' phase when I couldn't get it to work properly. However, that is passed now. The thing I had problems with was transfering the data from my Palm TX to the BB. There are a number of postings (not that many) on here about what to do but they are all really complicated and involved. Indeed, some of them were'nt useful at all.

I stumbled on this way (You need your original Palm installation disk or download): Make sure that your Palm is fully backed up (No.1 RULE!) Then uninstall Palm Desktop (PD) from your PC. When this is done, reinstall the software. As the installation progresses it will ask if you want to sync your Palm to just PD or both PD and Outlook. If you choose Outlook then all your addresses, calendar entries and more will transfer over faultlessly! Then it's easy to link BB to Outlook in the normal way. Works so well and beats importing comma delimited files and messing around in Excel like some postings said to do. At the end just sync your BB and hey presto! There are all your contacts and stuff. Lovely! I hope this helps.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Transfer Palm to BB

Synch your Palm with Outlook. The load the BB Desktop Manager and synch the BB with Outlook.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Welcome to the stacks

furrbrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4F98B

The BB desktop will synchronize with the Palm desktop. I did it before with my 7105t and my T2.

....maybe I should have said that this is for people who have problems with getting the two to sync. When I was trying I got as far as importing the files using the BB software, the 'import from Palm' button was greyed out. On looking through Pinstack, I have noticed that a number of people have posted this problem so I guess my solution is more for them. I tried everything to get round this but it was only when I uninstalled/reinstalled the Palm Desktop that I was successful. So sorry if I maybe confused a few readers, it was unintentional.

Thank you very much, it's a very friendly website.