Hi All. How can I transfer all address book entries on a Nokia 6021 (or ... General Blackberry forum

bsteenkamp no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Transfer Contacts form Nokia to Blackberry

Advertisement

Hi All.
    How can I transfer all address book entries on a Nokia 6021 (or any Nokia, for that matter) to a Blackberry. I know it will involve 2 steps, one using Nokia PC Suite to get the contacts off, and then BB desktop manager to get them onto the BB, but what field-mappings etc to use. I would like to keep the Adress-entries in tact (i.e. one name has 5 telephone numbers, fax, mobile etc).

Copying to SIMcard is not an option as:
    1) Too many address book entries to fit onto the sIm.
    2) This way loses the address-book structure. Now get Name1, Name2, Name3 instead of Name+3 numbers

Thanks

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Transfer Contacts form Nokia to Blackberry

use Nokia PC Suite to export contacts to the Windows Adress Book
    use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to import them to the BlackBerry

Works pretty well

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

The way that I would do it (this is partially in hindsight because I didn't do it this way) if I had to transfer the contacts from my Nokia E62 to my BB 8800 would be as follows:

1) Use PC Suite and sync with Outlook. Within Outlook, back up to .csv as a fallback.

2) Install the BB desktop software and sync with Outlook. All contacts come over perfectly.

Outlook Express works, however I had odd addressfield mappings (which surprised me), I would lose say, home address fields. I don't have this problem with Outlook, it works perfectly without manual field mapping.

"Wait", you say, "I don't have Outlook and don't want to get it just for this!". If you can get ahold of Outlook, even a 30-day trial version of MS-Office, it's worth the trouble to install IMO. If you go onto the MS site, they do only offer *2007 versions now, but older ones (I used 2003) can be found on the net -- I am talking legit trial/eval versions here (although I'm sure there are not-so-legit versions out there). Outlook 2007 may in fact work, I don't know, I didn't try, figuring it was "too new".

IMO, the pain that it might be to install Outlook if you don't have it already is more than offset by the ease of transition of your Nokia contacts to BB contacts.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Switch device wizard in Desktop Manager?

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Switch device wizard in Desktop Manager?
    I think that is for switching from one Blackberry to another. I may be mistaken though.

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: Transfer Contacts form Nokia to Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    The way that I would do it (this is partially in hindsight because I didn't do it this way) if I had to transfer the contacts from my Nokia E62 to my BB 8800 would be as follows:

1) Use PC Suite and sync with Outlook. Within Outlook, back up to .csv as a fallback.

2) Install the BB desktop software and sync with Outlook. All contacts come over perfectly.

Outlook Express works, however I had odd addressfield mappings (which surprised me), I would lose say, home address fields. I don't have this problem with Outlook, it works perfectly without manual field mapping.

"Wait", you say, "I don't have Outlook and don't want to get it just for this!". If you can get ahold of Outlook, even a 30-day trial version of MS-Office, it's worth the trouble to install IMO. If you go onto the MS site, they do only offer *2007 versions now, but older ones (I used 2003) can be found on the net -- I am talking legit trial/eval versions here (although I'm sure there are not-so-legit versions out there). Outlook 2007 may in fact work, I don't know, I didn't try, figuring it was "too new".

IMO, the pain that it might be to install Outlook if you don't have it already is more than offset by the ease of transition of your Nokia contacts to BB contacts.
    Great advice !!! Thnaks a bunch mate!

emrer no está en línea Stack level 1

it took only 5 mins to copy 750 contacts.

thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    I think that is for switching from one Blackberry to another. I may be mistaken though.
    From the Desktop Manager Help section:

"Use the switch device wizard to import data from a BlackBerry® device, Palm® device, or Microsoft® Windows Mobile® powered device to a new BlackBerry device."

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'd recommend using Outlook. You would effectively have Outlook as a backup as well (sync regularly!) which would be doubly handy if you switched to a different platform down the road since just about everything is designed to sync with Outlook.

jenniferlewin502 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bsteenkamp View Post
    Hi All.
    How can I transfer all address book entries on a Nokia 6021 (or any Nokia, for that matter) to a Blackberry. I know it will involve 2 steps, one using Nokia PC Suite to get the contacts off, and then BB desktop manager to get them onto the BB, but what field-mappings etc to use. I would like to keep the Adress-entries in tact (i.e. one name has 5 telephone numbers, fax, mobile etc).

Copying to SIMcard is not an option as:
    1) Too many address book entries to fit onto the sIm.
    2) This way loses the address-book structure. Now get Name1, Name2, Name3 instead of Name+3 numbers

Thanks
    Hello bsteenkamp,
    I use a very simple way to transfer contacts from Nokia to Blackberry or Blackberry to Nokia, I had just installed Zebrost Phonebook (ZPB) Software from Blackberry App World for Blackberry and from Ovi Store for Nokia.
    Its very easy and convinient to use ZPB. Contacts fill fully with details can be transferred easily from one phone to another just by using ZPB. I can transfer contacts via Bluetooth, File, etc. It contains any other useful features as well.
    So I would like to recomend it to you also.

Jenny.