I hope this feature comes along soon. I have used 9 BB's (getting #10 in ... General Blackberry forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Transfer BB Messenger Contacts from one BB to another

Advertisement

I hope this feature comes along soon. I have used 9 BB's (getting #10 in about 3 days). I have a very long contact list and it's a PAIN to manually transfer between 50-100 contacts every time I get a new BlackBerry. Unless I am missing something with the Switch Device Wizard in DM, I would be happy to have this feature.

EDIT: I am completely aware that each BB has it's own unique pin. I'm just a little tired of having to send out 100 invites to re-add people I had before.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-04-2007 at 02:26 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Transfer BB Messenger Contacts from one BB to another

After backing up and restoring everything from my other Pearl, I discovered the "Switch Device Wizard" does in fact transfer BB Messenger contacts from one device to another. I didn't have to send out any new invites.

Joebanana no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204fae23

Question Re: Transfer BB Messenger Contacts from one BB to another

I have tried using the DM to backup/restore to get my contact list to my new BB. But it failed. Is there anyone out there who knows how to do this?
    JoeBanana
    GW BES Admin/BIS Support
    Trinidad

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Transfer BB Messenger Contacts from one BB to another

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only issue when you do this is when you type a message to someone they get it as a seperate entry so they have two entries for you!annoying for them but not for you I guess! I get a new blackberry all the time so yea it does get annoying!