Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

~via 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~ I found or should I say she found me. Thanks again for ... General Blackberry forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

~via 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I found or should I say she found me.

Thanks again for the help.....it really helped me knowing that she knew I was OK....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    great news
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hey ice good to know that your with your wife.my prayers are with you and everyone else.
    Catside,bravo dear sir.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BrettHaven no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30495F61
    Quick thinking of you to employ this as a way to communicate with your family, smart guy. Thoughts and prayers to you and all involved ice.....

I have to say, this is something significant for stackers. Being so responsive and helpful to a fellow BB Stacker in need. Glad to be a part of this great community.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, that's something you don't hear everyday. Glad to know you and your BB are ok. God bless you both. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    This is amazing! It's like something out of a movie. I'm so glad you're alright ice and glad you made it out safe to your family.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Following this thread made a tear come to my eye. Utterly remarkable. Glad you're ok, ice. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all the others...... catstide - excellent job. Stackers, I'm proud of ya.
    Last edited by Berryadict; 09-13-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: edit

thanks to everyone who has sent a PM as well as supported my family and I last night....

just woke up and I am really sore....i guess flying forward into the back of a chair will do that to ya

I am headed down to the crash site in a bit to try and claim my bag with my things in it....

thanks again to everyone
    Last edited by ice44; 09-13-2008 at 03:58 PM.

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    Fox is now reporting 17 dead

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I am glad that you are ok Ice. Just watched the news and was shocked to see the footage. Hope you feel better. Take care of yourself.

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Ice44 I don't know how I missed this post your one of my bbm buddies and a fan of my show. I am so sorry about this accident but I am glad that your ok and guys really I would rather have my life then my phone. I can always get another one but my daughter couldn't replace me at all.

Here is a big fat huge for you just be careful just because you feel fine doesn't mean that in a few days you feel like hell.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Indeed, glad you're okay, ice. My best to you and your family, and God bless the families who lost loved ones.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kenvan60 View Post
    Fox is now reporting 17 dead

It's over 20 now as ice surmised last night. Man, what a shame.

howiet4702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA6BE
    Take care of yourself Ice. Glad to see that you are OK.

Howie

Some of you may have read or heard about the Los Angeles Train crash that happened on 9/12/08 at 4:23pm....well I was on that train. Half asleep in the 2nd car, headed to my parents house for the night. I jumped on the train at Union Station like I have so many times before, found my seat and began to doze off. About 45-60 mins into the ride is when my life changed.

Sitting facing forward ( seats have both rear facing and forward facing seat ) with a lady in front of me I hear and feel the AIR BRAKES apply hard. So hard it kinda made me come out of my seat a little, then all of a suddent BAM !

the train felt like it hit a wall, everyone flew forward, I flew about 3-5 feet into the lady sitting in front of me......Yelling and screaming every where....I stood up....and walked down stairs...everyone had been thrown forward....I hit the emergency door button to release the doors....people running out like water escaping a hole in a bucket....some of them ok...others badly hurt...I step outside and see the first car is on fire....I run to the car as fast as I could....try and open the rear door...stuck....I can smell the smoke....I can feel the heat from the fire...people screaming...I find a window that has been busted and see people yelling for help....I help 2 people out of the car, and older women and a little girl....a few others are there helping me, but the heat and smoke are getting to be too much....

at this point I had to act selfishly, I had to walk away.....I had to think of my wife and my son, and my little girl at home...there is nothing more I could do to help these people....I turned and helped the little girl to the side of the tracks, she couldn't walk...her leg was broken....she must have been around 9 year old...crying for her brother who was still on the train...I tried to comfort her as much as I could....telling her it would be OK...

what seemed like an hour was only 15 mins or so before the first fire truck arrived...train still on fire....but contained to one area...I couldnt see much but knew it was bad.....

they moved us back to a dirt road....briefly checked over but someone who lived in the area that was a nurse....I reach in my pocket and pull out my Berry to try and call my wife....NOTHING...can't get through...Cell tower must be jammed with called....I try texting....Nothing......at this point panic sets in because the reallity of things sunk in...

I get moved to the grassy area and placed in the NON CRITICAL area...given a tag with Passenger ID 113-C written on it...

I try again to call and text...nothing will connect

I then start to try and connect to PinStack....what do you know...I got a connection....

I post up what happened to try and take my mind off things.
    i get a reply ( I should know that someone is always on pinstack ) so I post up my status and ask that someone else try and reach my wife to let her know I am ok....RoGro and Catstide step up and take charge....Catstide begins to call my wife....No connection...again and again....never giving up....keeping me informed the entire time....about 20-30 mins goes by and I read that Catstide has made contact with my son who is with my wife....gives him the news and where to pick me up.....

I have so many bad thoughts and images in my head from last night....but the one things that comes to mind about this entire event is the support I got from my fellow Stackers....they help me not alone contact my wife and give her updates...but also help comfort me...just knowng that I was able to communicate with my wife via my fellow Stacker really help calm me down....if not for my Blackberry, PinStack, and my fellow Stackers.....the night could have been alot more stressful for myself and my family.....

I owe everyone here at PinStack a huge thank you for lending your help to a stranger.....it means alot to me.....While my Blackberry didn't actually save my life it did allow me a road of communication to the "outside" world via this site which lead to my information getting to my family....so again...To Hayden and his crew....to RoGro and Catstide

Hayden and Crew...thank you for being understanding where I was earlier today...my mindset....mood....everything was not normal....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast