Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 154

Originally Posted by Sirthinks come on dude. Let's say the Bold, and then the rest ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    come on dude. Let's say the Bold, and then the rest to Charity. We can help you out and collectively do something good for the community.....

    There are maybe five people on the site we would be willing to do this for........ ;-)
    If you are willing to give me money to replace a phone, i thank you from the bottom of my heart, but by all means i beg you to PLEASE go donate that exact same money to a charity to put food on some less fortunate people's table.

    thanks again tho

  2. #92
    ganns1980's Avatar
    ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    853
    Damn, ranx, I'm sorry to hear that!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.



  3. #93
    Emmc's Avatar
    Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    This may be cold. "personal responsibility". Don't leave things in your car that you value. Sorry to hear about your loss.

  4. #94
    krosli's Avatar
    krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Posts
    539
    Stackers, I am sure that Ranx is very grateful for all the support we are giving him. But I believe that he has set the record straight that he will not be accepting any gifts or donations of any kind. I guess we should respect the decisions he has made and I am sure we all can understand the grief that he is going through with the loss of his precious items.

  5. #95
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    If you are willing to give me money to replace a phone, i thank you from the bottom of my heart, but by all means i beg you to PLEASE go donate that exact same money to a charity to put food on some less fortunate people's table.

    thanks again tho
    You win....

    BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF OTTAWA-CARLETON
    one-time$XX.XX
    DESIGNATED FOR:General Donation
    MESSAGE TO CHARITY:A friend has his car broken into and many possessions stolen. We tried to help him out. He wouldn't accept our help and told us to donate the amount we would give him to charity. Please accept on his behalf.
    DEDICATION:At the request of a friend
    GIFT NOTIFICATION:No notification requested
    CanadaHelps.org / CanaDon.org
    one-time$XX.XX
    DESIGNATED FOR:*New technology fund - CanadaHelps projects
    MESSAGE TO CHARITY
    EDICATION:GIFT NOTIFICATION:No notification requested
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-02-2009 at 01:45 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Stackers, I am sure that Ranx is very grateful for all the support we are giving him. But I believe that he has set the record straight that he will not be accepting any gifts or donations of any kind. I guess we should respect the decisions he has made and I am sure we all can understand the grief that he is going through with the loss of his precious items.
    thank you.

  7. #97
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Rogers Wireless
    No more BlackBerrys... All stolen ...
    MSN: ot.kammah @ live.com
    Okay, for some reason, this cracks me up.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  8. #98
    lsu4lif3's Avatar
    lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    646
    dude that sounds like the worst day ever...i am very sorry to hear that man
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    You win....

    BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF OTTAWA-CARLETON
    one-time$XX.XX
    DESIGNATED FOR:General Donation
    MESSAGE TO CHARITY:A friend has his car broken into and many possessions stolen. We tried to help him out. He wouldn't accept our help and told us to donate the amount we would give him to charity. Please accept on his behalf.
    DEDICATION:At the request of a friend
    GIFT NOTIFICATION:No notification requested
    CanadaHelps.org / CanaDon.org
    one-time$XX.XX
    DESIGNATED FOR:*New technology fund - CanadaHelps projects
    MESSAGE TO CHARITY
    EDICATION:GIFT NOTIFICATION:No notification requested
    Thank you so much you probably just made a lot of people happy.
    What goes around comes around. I am sure you will soon be rewarded for your act of kindness.

  10. #100
    Angus_413's Avatar
    Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    1,112
    dang ranx just caught this thread, so sorry to hear man.

  11. #101
    j llama's Avatar
    j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Posts
    4,319
    Ranx, I commend your attitude about the whole situation, it's nice to see you stay positive and humble after the whole ordeal. I also have to say what sirthinks did was very noble in his own way.
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by j llama View Post
    Ranx, I commend your attitude about the whole situation, it's nice to see you stay positive and humble after the whole ordeal. I also have to say what sirthinks did was very noble in his own way.
    thank you for the kind words as a lot of people have said, nothing that cannot be replaced in the soon or distant future.

    and i have to agree, sirthinks just made my night; i am glad that out of my misery came out some happiness for somebody less fortunate. Very noble indeed.

  13. #103
    krosli's Avatar
    krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by j llama View Post
    Ranx, I commend your attitude about the whole situation, it's nice to see you stay positive and humble after the whole ordeal. I also have to say what sirthinks did was very noble in his own way.

    Totally agree with your statement. Hear hear!!!

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    373
    after reading that entire thread i didnt knwo what to say or think and im a student and i work but cannot spare any money but what i can do is go donate blood! and ill do that tomorrow hope that works for ranx instead of the charity!

  15. #105
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    thank you for the kind words as a lot of people have said, nothing that cannot be replaced in the soon or distant future.

    and i have to agree, sirthinks just made my night; i am glad that out of my misery came out some happiness for somebody less fortunate. Very noble indeed.
    Not noble. We are a community, in one way or another. We offered help. I had a number in mind that I was willing to part with to help a member of the community. It was you who suggested a donation in lieu of sending you aid.

    Now, my challenge is for everyone who offered to help you, to find a charity and donate the amount that FIRST entered their mind to that charity.

    I have a feeling that, like many of us, replacing three BB's and a laptop will be expensive, but not completely unaffordable for you.

    I admire your attitude and YOUR giving nature, and decided to do as YOU asked.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-02-2009 at 02:49 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •