Hey stackers i know other threads are started about trackball on the bb but i ... General Blackberry forum

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63

Trackball prob/fix

Advertisement

Hey stackers i know other threads are started about trackball on the bb but i think mine is a bit diff. Well about 2months ago my bb trackball started to feel stiff and would get stuck in one direction so up down left(turning/rotating) would work but right wouldnt. This is frustrating at times. So i was at work eating a banana and i got a bit on my bbfinger(thumb) and rubbed the trackball by complete accidet. It did nothing but worrie me at first but then a day later i noticed it was flowing like nobodys buisness in all directions. Now its getting stiff again but im not putting banana on my bb so do any of you stackers have any quick fixes for me. Thanks for the help and the patience.(if you finished reading this and not just press back)
    Blazen2000-bb4life

AssassinCreed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246D499B
    Yet pullin the bat and Rollin the ball around some before puttin it back in. That wat I do and it workx everytime for men~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Turn your Blackberry off, take a Q tip with a little bit of rubbing alchohol and scrub. That'll do the trick. Let it dry for a few minutes and you're good as new.

musichurts no está en línea Stack level 2
    I wouldn't recommend this to all, but I did this with my pearl back in the day and it worked like a charm. It is very difficult and it will void your warranty if you still have one, so I wouldn't do this unless your warranty is already expired. You can pop the trackball assembly out with a small screwdriver. There are clips holding it all together, and when you take those off, it kinda just falls apart. When this happens, you will be able to get all the dirt, pocket lint, etc. out of there and clean the rollers with some alcohol. It is very tedious to put it all back together, so again, don't do it if there is any doubt. This, however is the most extensive cleaning you can do on it.

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by blazen2000 View Post
    Hey stackers i know other threads are started about trackball on the bb but i think mine is a bit diff. Well about 2months ago my bb trackball started to feel stiff and would get stuck in one direction so up down left(turning/rotating) would work but right wouldnt. This is frustrating at times. So i was at work eating a banana and i got a bit on my bbfinger(thumb) and rubbed the trackball by complete accidet. It did nothing but worrie me at first but then a day later i noticed it was flowing like nobodys buisness in all directions. Now its getting stiff again but im not putting banana on my bb so do any of you stackers have any quick fixes for me. Thanks for the help and the patience.(if you finished reading this and not just press back)

I had a similar problem with my 8130 from Telus. I'm still within' my 1st year contract and they shipped me a new one in 4 business days.
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

mazondo no está en línea Stack level 1
    like musichurts, I just kinda pop it out and clean it a bit whenever it starts acting up. Happens to me once every few days or so. If I'm at home I'll reach for the rubbing alcohol, but heaven forbid it ever be THAT convenient. So i usually just resort to popping out the pearl and blowing into the compartment to clean it out a bit.
    StudentDocket: BlackBerry task manager for Students!

somestone no está en línea Stack level 2
    Now I Saw In The Gallery There Was Someone Making Glass Trackballs Instead Which Of Course Will Not Transfer Allthe Dust And Grease Which Would Originally Create All This Problemss...
    That Dude Needs To Come Out And Talk To Us Perhaps..
    By The Way.. How Loose Is You R Trackball Supposed To Be?

somestone no está en línea Stack level 2
    ***sorry For All The Errors****
    At The Office

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^Many options will work, I guess warranty and how much work/risk are you willing to commit to?

There is a help for trackball disassembly/cleaning here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...trackball.html
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    Thanks for all the suggestions stackers.
    Blazen2000-bb4life