What is the best and most safe way to clean a trackball? It feels grity ... General Blackberry forum

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Trackball cleaning?

Advertisement

What is the best and most safe way to clean a trackball? It feels grity when I scrool down like a grain of dirt or something is stuck in there? As I've said in my other posts I'm not tech savy and I'm worried I may break something if I try it lol. So any help would be great!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You might watch this video to see if you feel up to it. I sympathize with you - I would tread lightly too but you can probably do it if you're very careful
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

madrox112 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a pearl and I'm pretty sure the trackball is supposed to feel gritty. My friend has the same phone and has a gritty ball too. Its just the way its made and shouldn't really be an issue.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox112 View Post
    I have a pearl and I'm pretty sure the trackball is supposed to feel gritty. My friend has the same phone and has a gritty ball too. Its just the way its made and shouldn't really be an issue.
    I didn't know this - ir the trackball works ok, but just feels funny and you have no reason to suspect dirt in it I wouldn't bother to try to clean it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox112 View Post
    I think all RIM devices trackballs feel different-e.g.-Ive had several Pearls and several Curves, and the trackball on ALL of them felt different. As for taking the trackball assembly out, its a breeze, just use a small flat-tipped screwdriver and CAREFULLY pop the silver retainer ring off. Then turn the device over 180*, and the assembly will fall out into your hand. Pay attention to exactly how it came out, and put it back in the same way.