Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay I own a lot of blackberrys now I have the storm and the bold. ... General Blackberry forum

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

Touchscreen/Keypad Berry - would you buy it?

Advertisement

Okay I own a lot of blackberrys now I have the storm and the bold. Now the build quilty is better on the storm but the bold is a way better phone it puts the storm to shame speed wise and functionality.anyways I like the sure touch a lot and am hoping R.I.M will release a berry with a key pad and the sure touch screen.now my question is what would u guys think of that kind of berry? Would u buy it? And would u mind if they did away with the trackball? Don't get me wrong I love the trackball idea but it gets dirty and looks bad after awhile,also what do u think about a black trackball?so please post ur comments and Ideas
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 02-21-2009 at 05:24 PM.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    It would be a good idea for both and qwerty. Just as long as it is on a slide so when open qwerty activates and closed is all touch screen.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i think the trackball will be a thing of the past in a few years. touch is where it's at. as for me i don't want or need a physical keyboard any more. not saying i wouldn't buy one if it's the latest greatest but i would rather not have one.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Trackball all the way. Having had an iPhone, screen breaks (even a little) its expensive to fix. As well the phone can be rendered useless until it is fixed. Trackball breaks, physical keyboard allows use of shortcuts, and trackballs are far less expensive to replace. I've been through this and is one of the reasons I went back to bb.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well, I've read rumors of a blackberry "magnum" that will incorporate the touch screen and the qwerty... I'd love to go with that...

I like the trackball, and I'd prefer it black... Because mine's getting darker dirtier all the time...

What do you propose in replacement for the trackball? I liked the trackwheel, but I love using the trackball as a full functional mouse wheel...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post

What do you propose in replacement for the trackball?
    touch screen

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well even with a touchscreen, I'd like a mouse concept...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I like the idea of the magnum, touch and keyboard. From what I've seen it won't be a slider so no large screen like the storm. I just worry about the way they have made the newer devices with trackballs that are more difficult to replace than on my curve.

I hate the way the white trackballs get dirty so fast, but when I used the black one I missed the glow So I died a trackball a pink/purple color and am using that now. Hopefully it won't get that dingy look as fast as plain white.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Trackball all the way. Having had an iPhone, screen breaks (even a little) its expensive to fix. As well the phone can be rendered useless until it is fixed. Trackball breaks, physical keyboard allows use of shortcuts, and trackballs are far less expensive to replace. I've been through this and is one of the reasons I went back to bb.
    Enter the HTC G1. Touchscreen and trackball. Best of both worlds. Or, add in the keyboard and you have best of all three worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    And would u mind if they did away with the trackball? Don't get me wrong I love the trackball idea but it gets dirty and looks bad after awhile,also what do u think about a black trackball?~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Wouldn't give up my trackball for the world!! The 8900 already comes with a BLACK trackball. My Bold now has a black trackball. You can order them at cnn.cn.

I am all for touchscreen. Just not RIM's idea of a touchscreen. get rid of the click and I might consider it.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Enter the HTC G1. Touchscreen and trackball. Best of both worlds. Or, add in the keyboard and you have best of all three worlds.

Wouldn't give up my trackball for the world!! The 8900 already comes with a BLACK trackball. My Bold now has a black trackball. You can order them at cnn.cn.

I am all for touchscreen. Just not RIM's idea of a touchscreen. get rid of the click and I might consider it.
    To be quite frank, if it weren't for the click of RIM's touchscreen, I'd probably still be using an iPhone. I'm not sure why people dislike it, but I really love knowing that I have selected the key. My biggest quarrel with the iPhone was that I'd constantly select/enter things I didn't want to. No responsive touch.

I don't miss my trackball at all. The touchscreen I love. BB Storm all the way, baby!

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    SirThinks is entertaining the idea of the G1 as a BlackBerry replacement? Wow, I don't think I could ever get away from the berry. I currently own the following devices: 9000, 8900, 8800, 8700g and on Monday I will add the 9530.

As for losing the trackball, how many of you didn't want to give up your scrollwheel? I remember fighting that one as well. Change is inevitible and we just need to flow with it I guess.

I'm getting the 9530 just because of the controversy. I want to make an informed decision on whether I like the device or not. Lol. But then I figure, its a blackberry how could I not?

~ sent with Krik's Bold ~

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I think RIM could have slipped a little trackball between the berry key and the escape key on the storm, I would have been in heaven.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by KriK View Post

I'm getting the 9530 just because of the controversy. I want to make an informed decision on whether I like the device or not. Lol. But then I figure, its a blackberry how could I not?
    make sure you upgrade to .103 first thing

PIN/ID
    AskMe

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Okay good I am liking this I agree with a trackball on the storm I own one and its sweet don't get me wrong I mean it has its flaws,and yes I can't wait for the magnum I've been anticipaiting that for awhile,now do u think it will have the sure touch as they call it? And I also agree the build quilty has gone down on the berrys but their faster more effeciant and what can I say the best phone out honestly if u want a toy go with the iphone or G1 but like posted many times if u want a work horse that gets the job done u get a berry it has toys,looks good and also gets the job done.I will never go to another phone again! So again do u think the magnum will have the sure touch? Also I haven't heard any new news on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast