Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was browing a while ago and although I prefer blackberry devices, I love how ... General Blackberry forum

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C

touchscreen/full qwerty keyboard blackberry?

Advertisement

I was browing a while ago and although I prefer blackberry devices, I love how the Palms are touchscreen and have a keyboard. Do you think RIM will ever make a BB similar to a palm? I would love to purchase a touchscreen but I'm too in love w/ qwerty keyboards to give it up.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    The fabled Blackberry code name "magnum" is supposed to be such a device.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nokia beat em to it, but Magnum's in the pipeline

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuchgame441 View Post
    I was browing a while ago and although I prefer blackberry devices, I love how the Palms are touchscreen and have a keyboard. Do you think RIM will ever make a BB similar to a palm? I would love to purchase a touchscreen but I'm too in love w/ qwerty keyboards to give it up.
    http://advice.cio.com/al_sacco/rim_b...y_coming_in_09

PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Ahhh so this magnum is expected to release huh? Wish they changed up the design a bit... looks too similar to the bold

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    its a mix of both the bold n storm its very interesting looking... stylish i think
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Is that a mock up? Honestly i hope it doesn't look like that.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    ohh come on whats wrong honestly with that its clean.. so no track ball what else can they do to spruce it up... make it gold.. i mean seriously what does every 1 thing of the prototype in the pic???
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hmmm i think the prototype in the pic is not bad to be honest. id probably get it if it was out.
    Bold's keyboard and style/design of the Javelin + touchscreen of the Storm = my dream BB.
    But yeah i am 100% positive its a mockup too.

PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    It just looks dull, it looks like someone just used a Bold device and pasted the storm screen on it. No color no nothing. I don't mean to be so hard on the image but it could use a bit of a makeover.

I'm not hating on the device but the mock up just looks like someone cut a Storm in half and glued it on the top of a bold. And yes a gold BB would be awesome

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    i dont really care about a touchscreen... just another thing to break... quality already sucks on less complex devices they offer... c'mon now, one thing at a time rim...

id like to see a better solution for the trackball...how about a touchscreen pad where the trackball is? no mechanical parts beyond the keyboard please!

PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    i dont really care about a touchscreen... just another thing to break... quality already sucks on less complex devices they offer... c'mon now, one thing at a time rim...

id like to see a better solution for the trackball...how about a touchscreen pad where the trackball is? no mechanical parts beyond the keyboard please!
    I would like to see something like that, as long as its done right. The pad has to be sensitive. Meaning it shouldn't take me 4-5 slides to the right to get to the item that I wanted to select. That can definitely be a solution to the trackball. The trackball is pretty nice, and I have had little to no problems with it. But I think that cleaning it, and just worrying about it period makes it a bit of a problem.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Trust me its coming ... and I should have a test unit in hands soon enough ... mid to late january ... Ill take pictures ...

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I really don't care what anyone thinks of this picture in my opinion. I think the concept of the phone would be great, I'd love to see it with a 3.2 mp camera and at&t 3G. That's all I need, this phone would knock down iphone sales in a heartbeat, because every person that comes in to my store wants a touch screen blackberry with a physical keypad. No one really likes to guess where they're typing while their driving down the expressway at 75 miles an hour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast