Ok, I know most of you hate the Iphone but I'm being lured into getting ... General Blackberry forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Totally confused.

Advertisement

Ok, I know most of you hate the Iphone but I'm being lured into getting one.

I know, i know...call me a traitor but c'mon $200? now i never owned an Iphone and was wondering how much it would cost me to have this little toy? planwise that is. I love my berry but the screen is always what got my attention, not the keyboard because i bet i'm gonna trash it once i keep backspacing trying to delete a typo because of its touchscreen crapola. Well, I'm debating whether i should get the Iphone that is all. Yes i have the money but what do you guys think? And no, i'm not getting the Bold. So...basically i need some guidance. Help me Jebus...help me! knock some sense into me.

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    Did you read the article on the home page? The second one from the top? About the missing features. That alone should knock some sense into you.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yeah i know but i'm not going into sulfuric acid waters meaning Verizon to get the bb touchscreen. If only the screen were a bit bigger on the bb i wouldn't even dream about going into the forbidden zone.:cry:

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I don't know if you're a BES user or not but...Does oops I lost my BlackBerry with highly confidential information on it ring a bell? Oh and sorry boss but I forgot to set a password! Try fixing this situation with an iphone

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I know about its security bugs and b.s. stability when it comes to wiping the phone off completely off the contacts and messages there are still ghost files...you're actually helping me no sarcasm intended. I'm beginning to rethink my choices but it's just that i was going through a serious Istupid moment.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    On top of the Thread of missing features. Currently the iPhone data plan is $20 they have bumped it up to $30 since it's going to be 3G data. So that basically adds $120 a year to own a new iPhone from the current iPhone. Even if you're paying only $299 or $199 for a new one they have off set it with higher data prices. That's AT&T sticking it to the little guy. Sucking another $120 bucks out of you a year.

Once the new one drops, I'll probably just pick up an old used one just to play around with since they will never sell for what they were orignally bought for. Most iPhone users will just try to unload their old one just to off set the price of getting a new one. Soon to be a flood of old iPhones on the market

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thank you! I also heard that if you own an Iphone and bought it before may 27th you're eligible to swap it for a new 3g Iphone no contract necessary nor an extension but you're right ATT will stick it to you and me by allowing you only 30 days i believe to register it and have service on it otherwise they'll penalize you wich is totally preposterous.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Yeah I understand your curiosity Raton. I have an iPhone lined up from a buddy that's going to get the new one. It will never replace my BB, since I would much rather have the BOLD when it drops for TMO. I just am a gadget guy, I wouldn't mind having a spare iPhone laying around

bacidath no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just remember on an apple product its not a flaw its a feature and its not an exploit but a customization... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    On top of the Thread of missing features. Currently the iPhone data plan is $20 they have bumped it up to $30 since it's going to be 3G data. So that basically adds $120 a year to own a new iPhone from the current iPhone. Even if you're paying only $299 or $199 for a new one they have off set it with higher data prices. That's AT&T sticking it to the little guy. Sucking another $120 bucks out of you a year.

Once the new one drops, I'll probably just pick up an old used one just to play around with since they will never sell for what they were orignally bought for. Most iPhone users will just try to unload their old one just to off set the price of getting a new one. Soon to be a flood of old iPhones on the market

More so since Apple is now "punishing" the (hundreds of thousands) people who unlocked their iPhones. The Punished Ones obviously lacking the skills of BB users will be utterly confused and ready to unload them for a song

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    My sentiments exactly. I'm gonna wait for the Bold to drop its price or just get it off Craigslist for $150 as i did with my curve . Perhaps by then the other two will have already come out Javelin? i think it is and the other Flip one Kickstart?

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    You want them all, huh?

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Don't worry. If you pick up an iPhone your hands won't fall off and lightning won't shoot down from the sky. I too may pick up a first generation as a multimedia device to go along with my Curve. It can replace my current iPod and add the phone feature. Do what is best for you.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

goneinaflash no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm a techno geek so I went out that faithful Friday night in June and bought the iPhone. No lines though.(I'm smarter than that, I'm a BlackBerry user!) I used the iP for personal use for about two months. I then became the proud owner of a Curve. I love my iP but I use it as an iPod touch. Without the phone being active they are one in the same. I would really have to hate RIM/BlackBerry before I would ever use the IP as my phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    iphone to me is just that! a regular cell phone with a ipod touch!nothing really extraordinary!