Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The BlackBerry network just went down about 20 minutes ago... I'm curious if it's specific ... General Blackberry forum

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Question Total RIM Network Failure or Just AT&T?

Advertisement

The BlackBerry network just went down about 20 minutes ago... I'm curious if it's specific to AT&T or another system-wide outage / failure like the one that happened on February 13th?

Exactly the same thing is happening to our devices as happened then... no connectivity through either the internet or BlackBerry browser, but the carrier browser's still working. No connectivity beyond our BES. I'm hoping this isn't going to become commonplace with the BlackBerry network... twice in a few months!

Anybody on other carries experiencing trouble?

xSteveO no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Total RIM Network Failure or Just AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond
    The BlackBerry network just went down about 20 minutes ago... I'm curious if it's specific to AT&T or another system-wide outage / failure like the one that happened on February 13th?

Exactly the same thing is happening to our devices as happened then... no connectivity through either the internet or BlackBerry browser, but the carrier browser's still working. No connectivity beyond our BES. I'm hoping this isn't going to become commonplace with the BlackBerry network... twice in a few months!

Anybody on other carries experiencing trouble?
    it's doing it to me too. I'm a newbie to these phones, so I thought it was just a setting I might have changed

R-Rizzo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E0C4F4

Yup, I'm down too... T-Mobile in Oregon so I'm gonna venture a guess and say it's blackberry wide again..... Bastards.... I was in the middle of something.....

And while were on the subject. Is anyone else not able to get on www(dot)blackberryforums(dot)com? I thought I read something about they be down for maintenence but couldn't remember.

PIN/ID
    249df67d

Quote Originally Posted by R-Rizzo
    Yup, I'm down too... T-Mobile in Oregon so I'm gonna venture a guess and say it's blackberry wide again..... Bastards.... I was in the middle of something.....

And while were on the subject. Is anyone else not able to get on www(dot)blackberryforums(dot)com? I thought I read something about they be down for maintenence but couldn't remember.
    Ugh... It looks like the entire system is down once again... I could barely believe it the first time it happened (I misquoted in my first post... it was April that the network crashed)

As far as maintenance, we always get critical priority emails about those, so I'm pretty sure that's not what's happening, though I may be wrong.

Yeah I noticed blackberryforums is down too... Jeez, our whole BlackBerry world is crumbling

PIN/ID
    23E0C4F4

Seriously, What else am I gonna do when I'm at work.

rangertim no está en línea Stack level 1

same thing in Vancouver, Canada. BES says it lost contact to SRP about 1.5 hours ago...

PIN/ID
    249df67d

Luckily it happened in the middle of the night... I'm sure there's a frenzy of activity going on at RIM right about now though.

PIN/ID
    23E0C4F4

Well, It's 1 am west coast time, which makes it 4 am east coast time.... Partial Dodged bullet that it's saturday but still, plently of people are gonna be waking up real soon and gonna go WTH?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Can only get edge on AT&T in NYC. Last email received at 1:00 am exactly. Later emails have not arrived.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    249df67d

Could you imagine if something like this would hit at say 8AM Eastern? There'd be panic in the streets. I can't get through to our advanced network support. I hope it's up by morning, or I'm sure all of our users will be calling me. (not to mention the fact that it'll be hard to get through the day without my BB).

Maybe I'll just stay in bed

ahwill no está en línea Stack level 1

Looks like it's coming back up.

PIN/ID
    23E0C4F4

Yay......

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jgrilli no está en línea Stack level 1

Just called AT&T. They said this was scheduled outage from 11p to 6a (EST). I usually get an email from RIM about scheduled outages, but I didn't on this one. Nice work, RIM. I'm going back to sleep.

TopTenTodd no está en línea Stack level 1

[quote=jgrilli]Just called AT&T. They said this was scheduled outage from 11p to 6a (EST). I usually get an email from RIM about scheduled outages, but I didn't on this one. Nice work, RIM. I'm going back to sleep.[/quote

Did you read that email I sent? Am I crazy or did the email say nothing about "All your f**king servers will be down"? Thanks RIM!!

PIN/ID
    23E0C4F4

Okay well that is officially crappy..... Is everyone completely back up? Mine is still being hokey a little. And what about the little guy who doesn't manage a BES. What kind of notice did we get.. I understand most normal people will not even relized their service was down, but to us night people it was kinda crappy to pull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast