Hi guys. I noticed when using the "change input language" shortcut (alt-enter) and when checking ... General Blackberry forum

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Too many "english" choices

Advertisement

Hi guys.
    I noticed when using the "change input language" shortcut (alt-enter) and when checking my language options that I can choose between English, English (united states) and English (united kingdom). Obviously, I just need one out of the three, but how can I get rid of the other two? I have tried using the Setup Wizard but I only get one grayed-out (i.e. not uncheckable) option. I have also made sure none of the extra language support options are checked in the Desktop Manager.
    Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Too many "english" choices

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you're using the desktop manager then you can uncheck all the boxes and it will leave you with the default English (united states). There is no need to have any other language installed if you just want englush.

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Too many "english" choices

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you're using the desktop manager then you can uncheck all the boxes and it will leave you with the default English (united states). There is no need to have any other language installed if you just want englush.
    All boxes ARE unchecked, and I still get 3 different kinds of english.

Update: I also unckecked the box called "Language and Input Support" of the Desktop Manager. That made the UK english dissapear, but I still have both "english" and "english (united states)" and I can't get rid of one of them.
    Arrgghh! :P
    Last edited by asdf12321; 12-18-2007 at 05:35 PM.