Well yestaday I got the pale gold 8320 from tmo.because my 8800 mini usb jack ... General Blackberry forum

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

Today+

Advertisement

Well yestaday I got the pale gold 8320 from tmo.because my 8800 mini usb jack is going bad. Well I did a swicth device in the DM and after everything made it over I went to themes and the today+ I bought for the 8800 from bbextras made it on my cruve. And it even works without any problems. I love the 8320 also

pstavs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CAA817

Re: Today+

I'm glad that worked for you. Do you know why it worked or how to duplicate your results? I was in a similar situation this week as my 8830 died and Sprint was going to replace it under the service plan that I have. I backed up my data two seperate times and handed over my trusty BB for a new one. I was able to restore almost everything to its original look on the old BB but I lost both my Today + and Zen + themes. I was really disappointed since the site, bbxtras.com , has been taken down it appears that there is no way to retrieve the themes. Any help or insight you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

Well I just backed up my third party apps. I'm using DM 4.3 and when it told me hook up the new blackberry it installed all my apps from my 8800 to the 8320 and then reset itself a few mins later all my apps was on it and the today+ theme

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I just moved from a pearl to the 8310 curve and my today+ theme made it across but won't work. I got it from Rim and am gutted that I cannt get it for the curve. It was the only theme I use.

Hope this comes out with 4.3 as I notice that there are no themes available on the rim site.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

OK Im slow. That explains why when I switched from a Sprint 8703 to the AT&T Curve I was able to use Y! Messenger. Wow, I never thought it about it before but that switch device wizard is the ish!

PIN/ID
    32CAA817
    Should I have used the switcher instead of backup/restore function? Ia it too late to give it another try since I still have the backup set?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The switch Device Wizard requires access to both devices.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    32CAA817
    So is there any way I can get my Today + theme back?

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    The switch Device Wizard requires access to both devices.

Rcbjr.
    Also, themes aren't included in either backup/restore or Switch Device unless they're aftermarket. If you, Pstays, want to try Switch Device, open you Device Simulator and choose the 8300; simulate a USB connection to it; restore your last backup to it; then use DM to switch devices from the Sim to your new handheld. However, again, I don't believe Themes will go from one device to another, unless they are aftermarket.

PIN/ID
    32CAA817
    Forgive me since I'm still new at this but where do I get the device simulator? My theme I'm trying to recover is after market.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles