Is it possible for me to stay on UTC timezone without the BlackBerry (8320 in ... General Blackberry forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Timezone - want to stay on UTC time

Advertisement

Is it possible for me to stay on UTC timezone without the BlackBerry (8320 in my case but they all seem to act like this) automatically switching to summer time/daylight saving time in the spring? If not, what is my alternative?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I guess you could change the date/time source to off and maybe that'll prevent it from updating from a network, but other than that, I don't think there are other options...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

elflando no está en línea Stack level 1
    Huh, I wish I had your problem. I'm currently traveling by train across timezones, but my clock doesn't change. Any suggestions? Anyone?

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by elflando View Post
    Huh, I wish I had your problem. I'm currently traveling by train across timezones, but my clock doesn't change. Any suggestions? Anyone?
    Not sure about the 8700 elflando, but on my curve I do this:
    options>time/date> and the options there are Network or BB or off.....I set mine to network......but since you are traveling rather quickly, ok--a train, the network may not be reacting quickly enough....perhaps doing a battery pull may allow the device to establish itself on the current tower. I do a battery pull daily as follows: left thumb on alt key.....right thumb on right shift key and use any free finger to depress the del key. Try that to see if it changes anything.....Good Luck.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT