I have my time for my 7520 set on network but when I recently went ... General Blackberry forum

jam2323 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30450F26

time change

Advertisement

I have my time for my 7520 set on network but when I recently went out of state it didn't change the time on my phone to the time zone that I was in but my settings are for the time to read by the network and not the phone. Can anyone help or tell what setting I need to have?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: time change

What service are we talking about here? On my V360, I know it didn't update until I turned off my phone, and then turned it back on. Haven't had daylight savings time, or switched time zones with my blackberry yet. Sorry...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Something weird happened to me yesterday. I went to my calender to see what day next week a certain date fell on and I was like "man my B-Day is only in a few weeks", 8-31, then Im like "wait, my B-Day aint for a few months"! My date on my BB was set to 8-1-06! That was freaky!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't quite understand the way that RIM has set up the time/clock function, but it is somewhat elusive.

Your time won't change to 'local' because you've got the time zone set to something specific (mountain in my case). If you want anything to show local time you've got to change the time zone. This will also adjust EVERYTHING in all BB applications to the new equivalent time.

For example, if you have an appointment set for 10 am local, and you go 1 time zone ahead, then your calendar will change your appointment to 11 am (because it's 10 am back home).

I ran into this time shift anomaly a couple months ago. I was attempting to schedule my trip, flights, trains, appointments, into my calendar, and I was always messing it up. I figured I would be able to set time appointment time zone and have it stick, but no, BB calendar was always switching it back to equivalent local time. Very confusing.

However, my problem may only be localised to the Exchange server and the BES I am on. But I think that it works the same regardless.

Ideally, every appointment in the calendar or tasks ought to have a time zone assigned independent of the system or BB time.

Afterthought: of all the devices I've had, the BB is the only one with a time zone option. I believe that the network time is just a clock number, without a zone attached to it.

Hopefully someone somewhere at RIM will consider this time zone thing and incorporate a better or new solution.

N36736 no está en línea Stack level 1

It's not you or the Exchange server or the BES. It's a quirk in the BB software that Rim does not seem to acknowledge. I travel between two time zones every six months, and my appointment times change when I change the clock time. This makes the calendar function, which is a major reason I bought the BB, useless.

In addition, when I sync to iCal, the Mac calendar sees the all the appointments as new, because they have different times, and duplicates them all.

I have spent six months trying to solve this problem. I'm afraid, switching to the Palm Treo is the only solution for someone who depends on an electronic calendar.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

You'd think rim, a company that gears it's devices towards business customers, would have addressed this issue.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~