How will the time change affect computers, company, Stock Market etc????... General Blackberry forum

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Time Change!!

Advertisement

How will the time change affect computers, company, Stock Market etc????
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Time Change!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    We'll see, but I've heard there is as much concern as Y2k. But that didn't have much impact.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Computer manufacturers have a download patch for their clock fix just like blackberries do, however people have been complaining that only 85% of their outlook info has been updated for events after march 11th, which should be interesting. Stocks, we'll see.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

can we say Armageddon... yeah right. :P
    Michael

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~At exactly 2AM on Sunday March 11 the earth will go through a "Wrinkle in Time" in the space-time continuum and instantly emerge at 3AM. This will happen so fast that no one will even notice it happened. A telltale sign that anything occured is that it will be darker in the morning and lighter at night. People may also feel that the day is an hour shorter--although this phenomenon is unconfirmed.

There have been reports that this will repeat, in the reverse direction, on November 4 but at this time this is strictly a rumor.

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~At exactly 2AM on Sunday March 11 the earth will go through a "Wrinkle in Time" in the space-time continuum and instantly emerge at 3AM. This will happen so fast that no one will even notice it happened. A telltale sign that anything occured is that it will be darker in the morning and lighter at night. People may also feel that the day is an hour shorter--although this phenomenon is unconfirmed.

There have been reports that this will repeat, in the reverse direction, on November 4 but at this time this is strictly a rumor.
    Hahahaha...you funny!! I am personally worried about my computer!! How do I do the time change? Do I do it manually? Do I do it a day before? or hours before?
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~MS released a patch for this a while ago so if you keep your PC patched it'll automagically happen for you. When you log in on Sunday March 11, you'll get a notice that the system time was automatically updated - OK. Just click on the OK and you'll be fine.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Here we're hoping that everything will go well since we're a 911 call centre
    If that doesn't go well hope to not ahve an accident
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well! I got a problem! My ex put the boot leg version of MS on my computer so now what do I do? Help! and he is not around the fix the problem! Any suggestion?

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Get a bootleg copy of the patch.
    . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if this is a home computer its not critical. At worst it'll be off by one hour for the next few weeks.

If that concerns you, on Sundayjust double-click on the clock in the lower right corner of your screen and change the time. When you get your automatic time change notification in a few weeks, change the time again.

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by mikadad
    Get a bootleg copy of the patch.
    . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are a comedian...but don't change your day job!!!
    Maya Angelou

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if this is a home computer its not critical. At worst it'll be off by one hour for the next few weeks.

If that concerns you, on Sundayjust double-click on the clock in the lower right corner of your screen and change the time. When you get your automatic time change notification in a few weeks, change the time again.
    Thanks for the info!!
    Maya Angelou