Hi everyone, I've a my 8130 for about 3 weeks and I have a recurring ... General Blackberry forum

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

time and date resets?

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I've a my 8130 for about 3 weeks and I have a recurring problemm with the time zone switching to arizona time and the date changing by itself about 2 Or 3 times a day. After I set it to the correct time zone and date I always save my changes, but it doesn't matter it always changes time zones and dates again. Its driving me bonkers. I've tried everything I can think of. Any ideas? Thanks Lesa

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: time and date resets?

I disabled the network time update... evidently they never set their clocks, LOL. It's found in Options - Date/Time - Date/Time Source... Off to set it yourself, Network to set it to your carrier, and I believe Blackberry sets it when you connect to your desktop (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) The only problem with turning it off is if you travel in different time zones you will have to change the time zone manually according to where you are.

PIN/ID
    ask

Thanks, that was the 2nd thing I tried after a battery pull. I just checked, and its still set to off. Any other things to try? Its got me stumped! Thanks again, lesa

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You ever sync with a pc? That can update/change your time and date when it syncs. Check your time zone and date on the pc if you do.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask

Ok thanks, I will check my pc. lesa