Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was just reading a post about how people want to remove the sound the ... General Blackberry forum

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Thoughts on the click sound for the camers?

Advertisement

I was just reading a post about how people want to remove the sound the camera makes when you take a picture. I know why RIM puts the sound there for privacy matters. But my thought were, does the new (4.3) 4.5 OS thats out on some BB models have a sound when you take video? If not then wouldnt the whole privacy policy thing be a waist???

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    good point. I hate that sound. My daughter has a raozor or something that makes this hideous "boing" noise everytime she take a pic.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Privacy or not, I prefer my phone to be as silent as possible, unless I'm recieving a call or message. But even then most of the time I have my phone on silent or vibrate.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    There is no sound when shooting a video. Well, it records audio, but does not make any sounds.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ so what the point of not have the abilty to turn the sound off. If I wanted I could just take a video and invade someone privacy. But oh well thats a question for rim

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i think because at the time when the camera was implemented, video wasnt even thought of. besides most companies where security is an issue anyways they IT policy on a BES will just disable the camera anyway, so you wont be able to use video regardless

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Not to be rude or anything but what about the kind folks on BIS? Or is the privacy thing more for BES?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Unsure about the BES vs BIS regarding privacy, but for me, the camera noise is bothersome and I really would like a way to get rid of it.

However, I do understand the privacy point of view. However the argument looses some credibility when you can buy very small point and shoot cameras which can be silent. Even more weight to their argument is lost when one realizes that video won't make noise.

In the end, I just choose not to use the camera.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    In a nutshell. RIM is prohibited from allowing the camera shutter sound from being disabled. Its a federal regulation.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Id like to see that on a site somewhere and read up about it

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    federal regulation? for Canada or for the US?

how come all other types of phones have options to turn off the camera shutter sound then?

i dont hear about any lawsuits because someone took a photo of them with a camera phone...hear the shutter go off and got angry...

and another point to this argument...you can buy way smaller digital cameras and shut off the shutter sound no problem...keep in mind digital cameras also have way better zoom and quality...so whats the deal?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    In a nutshell. RIM is prohibited from allowing the camera shutter sound from being disabled. Its a federal regulation.
    I don't think it is. Every Nokia I've owned has had the option to turn it off. I think it's a BB thing (and some other manufacturers) and the thought is security. I have an 8830 now without the camera, had a Pearl and a Curve and the pictures just aren't that great, they're okay for goofing with friends though. I have a little Olympus point and shoot pocket camera to carry around and a Canon Rebel XT for nice shots.

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post

there is no such regulation

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I wish they would allow us to shut off the sound...

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Seriouslt rim seems out of touch of the wants of consumers at times. Ie this new os. This camera sound issue. It isn't too hard to give customers the option they are just being dicks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast