i am looking for a pearl for the fiance and ran across THIS on ebay. ... General Blackberry forum

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e

this doesnt seem right....

Advertisement

i am looking for a pearl for the fiance and ran across THIS on ebay. im sorry but 11 bids and only $60 (at the time i am writting this)???????? i sent the guy a question for additional pics and he replied with multiple pictures. 1 day later he wrote back and asked if i had received the pictures that if not he would resend. the name i got on the email was Jeremy Pickard. look at the the most bidding name, 0 points for feedback???? ebay needs to get on the ball with this crap. i was going to bid on it till i saw that.

the phone really lucks to be in good shape too

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Re: this doesnt seem right....

Yeah, definitely phishy... seems like jbarton is the same guy as Jeremy Pickard......

PIN/ID
    24339b8e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is there something that can be done for that. Should I report it?

yayita no está en línea Stack level 1

you can report it...it seems like he's doing shill bidding

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am going to be putting my BB up for sale, and this my first time using eBay or anything like that.. Any tips to get it sold?

PIN/ID
    24339b8e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~very good description of item. Take pictures and set a reserve

Quote Originally Posted by dres79 View Post
    i am looking for a pearl for the fiance and ran across THIS on ebay. im sorry but 11 bids and only $60 (at the time i am writting this)???????? i sent the guy a question for additional pics and he replied with multiple pictures. 1 day later he wrote back and asked if i had received the pictures that if not he would resend. the name i got on the email was Jeremy Pickard. look at the the most bidding name, 0 points for feedback???? ebay needs to get on the ball with this crap. i was going to bid on it till i saw that.

the phone really lucks to be in good shape too
    I do a lot of buying/selling mobile phones on Ebay, I believe this auction is ligit. Right now there's over two days left in the auction, and a $60 bid with two days is actually quite high. I've had units sit until the last few minutes before they go up. Usually, the major bidding "war" goes on and the price increases rapidly within the last 10 to 15 minutes of an auction. A couple of weeks ago I had a 7290 for sale with no bids at all until 2 minutes before the auction ended! t went for about $25 with some furious bidding in the last 90 seconds! If you check his feedback, you can see that he purchased a cover for the handheld on January 3rd, sometimes that indicates that it is a bit scratched up, or that it was well-protected; but positively it confirms that it exists. The only real "red flag" that I see is that this is his very first auction ever as a seller, all of his prior feedback is as a buyer; but I don't think that it would be enough to keep me from bidding. I say drop a bid if you want it!

PIN/ID
    24339b8e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i was talking about the one bidder that is bidding every min. Im not saying its not ligit. I was more focusing on the bidding part. But hell if that's the name of the game I might be able to get away with it for cheap.
    Either way still shady. Just my .02

PIN/ID
    24339b8e

Re: this doesnt seem right....**UPDATED**

ok so i tried yesterday to bid on the phone and was outbid. Today the auction ended at $153. about ten minutes ago i get an email from the seller that the winning bidder has changed their mind and wanted to see if i am still looking for a pearl. so i told him that i am and would like to talk.
    i went to the auction to see who won. the winning bidder just joined today and told the seeler is no longer interested. but the seller did not leave feedback for buyer.

i cant wait to see what this guys has to tell me when i talk to him.

ok so as i was writting this i get this email:

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I must tell you that now I'm in Romania with business but this is not a problem because you will receive the item in maximum 48 hours. I will provide you 10 days money back guarantee, no questions asked. That means within 10 working days you decide if you don't want to keep the item.

Please tell me your best price wich you can offer for my item? So, if you are really interested, now all you have to do is to send me exactly those info:

First name:
    Last name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip:
    Price + Shipping:
    I need the details exactly like i have requested , because i have to forward the email to eBay. In short time, they will send you the invoice with all the details you need to complete the deal safe and fast for both of us,under ebay protection! I am dealing only thru eBay.

Thank you!!!

annapink15 no está en línea Stack level 3

yea def a scam!!!!!! report right away!!! remember ou can get pearl pix anywhere so unless his User Id is in the pic then maybe you can trust but again photoshop can be used GL...if your gut says fake it usually is

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Do not buy anything from Romania!!

I was very lucky I got a Pearl 8100 for Ł55 - $110 and everything is perfect as the lady owner had never 'modded' her pearl in any way shape or form. This was only my 3rd ebay purchase too.

I notice that most pearl descriptions on ebay in the UK warn of eastern Eurpoean buyers/sellers and also Nigerian scams.