Thinking of purchasing a 8703e. Purchase is for my wife. Have never owned a BB. ... General Blackberry forum

hbscott no está en línea Stack level 1

Thinking of Purchasing a 8703e. Never owned a BB.

Advertisement

Thinking of purchasing a 8703e. Purchase is for my wife. Have never owned a BB. Are you limited on what you are able to do online. IE: aim ? myspace ? Online poker ? can you use / do all of the above or are you limited to what you are able to download. I have no idea.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Thinking of Purchasing a 8703e. Never owned a BB.

Before you take the plunge...ask yourself a few questions:

1. What will the device be primarily used for? More phone-like use, E-mailing or texting, web surfing...

2. Do I need a full QWERTY keyboard, or will the slimmer SureType model be the best choce?

3. Do I require more multimedia capability (i.e. BB 8100 Pearl w/camera & video function.

4. Affordablity...meaning to get the most out of your BB, you'll have to pay for a monthly unlimited data plan (price vares be provider).

To me the 8703e is ideal for me. Form and function stand out the most for my needs. Price was never a concern either...I'm a new thing geek anyway.

As far as your limitations...well your only limited by what the content provider has put in place!

I haven't personally used myspace, poker from my BB, but someone else should be able to chime in on that.

As far as AIM, there is a program called RAMBLE that will allow you to use AIM from your BB! There are many other IM programs out there that you can use like Yahoo! IM, GMail etc.

All in all if you make the purchase and join the BB family...I know you'll be very happy!

I'll say it now...WELCOME TO THE STACKS!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Take it for a test drive, most carriers allow a 2 week remorse period.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

You can do almost anything, and whatever you can't do now you will be able to do later as someone will develop for it, or you'll simply find you don't need as much. If there's one site that doesn't work with one browser, it most often works with another--I use BB Browser and Opera Mini extensively for different purposes, and I get done what I need done. Be forewarned: you will want one for yourself. BB use is highly contagious. I couldn't last for more than 3 weeks after my significant other got one before I had one in my hands. YOU. WILL. WANT. ONE.

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb

i thought to my self do i really need the blackberry just like you i tried 8700 then the 7130 once i got used to suretype i would never go back it is like crack for geeks lol
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

hbscott no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you all very much for the info. Very helpful.
    I'm pretty sure that i will make the purchase. Going to my carrier this weekend to see if they have a demo that i can put my hands on to take for a test drive.
    Thanks again.....Sure to have many more questions.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You're going to love using a BB. It's already been said but welcome to the forums.