Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Have a 8900(curve) its awsome I've had it for almost a year, but I ... General Blackberry forum

iyzick05 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thinking about upgrading to 9700

Advertisement

I Have a 8900(curve) its awsome I've had it for almost a year, but I can't stand the slow downloading and slow streaming. Was thinking about going to the new 9700 (tmobile) for the 3G. Am I going to lose any awsome stuff going to the bold? I really love my curve just really would like 3G. Any comments?

pouit no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by iyzick05 View Post
    I Have a 8900(curve) its awsome I've had it for almost a year, but I can't stand the slow downloading and slow streaming. Was thinking about going to the new 9700 (tmobile) for the 3G. Am I going to lose any awsome stuff going to the bold? I really love my curve just really would like 3G. Any comments?
    The 9700 is a cool phone the os is a little unstable. I went from the 8900 to the 9700 2 months ago and I've had to do more resets in that time than the entire year I had the 8900. The 3G is faster, but the 8900 is stable, and I really am not a fan of the threaded messages on the 9700..

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I upgraded from the 8900 to the 9700 3 months ago...I absolutely love the 9700! I really liked my 8900, but to me the 9700 is even better. I have no issues with stability in the OS, no reset issues or anything. The battery life is not quite as good as the 8900, but you have to consider 3G. I just turn off the WiFi when I'm not using it, it helps to save a little battery life. I am a heavy user and I can get almost 2 days between charges. I am very happy with the Bold II and the trackpad....really cool.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The 9700 is a grate upgrade. As far as OS is concerned the best yet. One word of advice, wait for official RIM upgrades and don't fidget with OS that abound and have little annoying bugs. I was one of the first to acquire a 9700 and until now has no need to wipe or run the customary battery pull.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The 9700 is a great upgrade. As far as OS is concerned the best yet. One word of advice, wait for official RIM upgrades and don't fidget with OS that abound and have little annoying bugs. I was one of the first to acquire a 9700 and until now have no need to wipe or run the customary battery pull. Speed on 3G depends entirely on your network. Don't blame the phone!

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    The 9700 is the best blackberry I've ever owned to date! I have had no issue with instability....in my opinion way better than the 8900 (I've had 2 of em) Trackpad is GREAT!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    get the 9700, all of us have had almost every model of BlackBerry made and we all agree-9700 is KING!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hear hear chokem, but now I also have the S2 and it's just as sweet ! Same OS, that's why...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    For some reason there seems to be a disparity between the TMO version of the 9700 and the AT&T version. I could be wrong, but most issues I've seen reported on the device are on the TMO network.

Ya I got tmo. Is there a way to upgrade the os to avoid the instability?

Quote Originally Posted by iyzick05 View Post
    Ya I got tmo. Is there a way to upgrade the os to avoid the instability?
    Absolutely, but I don't know what people are talking about as far as stability. The 5.0 OS on these devices is awesome.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    For some reason there seems to be a disparity between the TMO version of the 9700 and the AT&T version. I could be wrong, but most issues I've seen reported on the device are on the TMO network.
    Tmo uses a different frequency 3G and there network is not as fully deployed as ATTs 3G. (ATT also uses 2 frequencies) Perhaps this could explain the difference? I too have seen more complaints about the Tmobile 9700.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Could very well be, Rich. Glad I didn't make the switch to TMO as I had intended when AT&T wasn't cooperating with my early upgrade!

What phone do you suggest if I stick with tmo? I really need 3G!

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Perhaps one of their Android offerings? The Mytouch, or if you can wait the Milestone? But do the research first as I am not speaking from any expierence at all, other than clever commercials.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast