Hi all. I currently have a Verizon 7250 and I was thinking its time to ... General Blackberry forum

hobbes2424 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thinking about upgrading my phone

Advertisement

Hi all.
    I currently have a Verizon 7250 and I was thinking its time to upgrade. What phone would you suggest I get? I'm not too fond of the trackwheel design like the pearl. I'm looking for a full QWERTY keyboard. Something much like the 8703e. I'm just not sure if I want to get that one since I haven't looked into it that much. I just want to know if it'll be worth it.

Also, are there any phones that support mp3 ringtones properly? I keep reading places that its a pain to upload them to your phone via email/browser downloading.

Thanks again.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: Thinking about upgrading my phone

I have heard the same thing about the 8700 series. I do know from sales experience all the new things they have done lately are on phones designed with a "pearl" trackball except for this mysterious 9000 series I keep hearing about but have seen nothing on. For what its worth I love my pearl more than ANY other phones I have ever had-the curve has all of its style with a full "qwerty". Good luck!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Heard the same thing about ringtone support? or something else?

Also what would you recommend? If I were to get the pearl-type phone is there one you would say is the "better one"?
    Thanks.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

It really all depends on what features are most important to you...
    camera or not, size, keyboard style etc. I also have the pearl and have NO complaints, I LOVE my phone. But I know some prefer full keyboard over suretype..

Good luck in your quest
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

That's another problem. Verizon Wireless doesn't have/(support?) most of those Blackberrys. I can only pick from a small list.

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If you want a newer phone that still uses the old trackwheel and can play mp3 ringtones, then look to the 8703e. I had one and loved it, except for the fact it didn't have the media player capabilities and microsd card slot, thus I upgraded to the 8830. But yeah the 8703e/7130e are the last of the trackwheel bb's if I'm not mistaken.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

8703e - Available with the new 4.2 OS and media player capabilities. Uses old style scroll-wheel. No camera. No memory card slot.

8130 - Full media player with video capabilities. Memory card slot on the side of the unit for easy access. Camera on back. 4.3 OS.

8830 - Full media player. Memory card slot underneath battery cover - does not require removal of battery to access. World Phone - CDMA for the states. GSM 900/1800 for overseas. No Camera

Zo

Thank you for the quick posts and information!