People that I know who like the I Phone like it for its graphical interface ... General Blackberry forum

AngryPinFish no está en línea Stack level 1

The Way Blackberry Will Beat I-Phone

Advertisement

People that I know who like the I Phone like it for its graphical interface and it ease of use, you interact by touching the screen and don't have to enter key strokes to work the applications. But that is not the best way to interact with a device just the best current way.

I see an opportunity to trump the interactive touch with something that is much easier, much slicker, and with much greater application for business and personal use. I think the first to achieve the next step will gain market share and if its RIM the Blackberry will be king for a long time and the I- Series a neat toy for kids.

Voice interaction that was fully integrated would allow the user voice command navigation through the applications, hear and respond to email, search the web,open and run ca lander and notes as well as other applications by simply speaking into the device.

A search for information would no longer be a series of steps requiring, for the Blackberry, various clicks, key stroke entries,and track ball movements, or for the I-Series, an awkward dance of finger movement, tapping and device orientation, but simple voice commands.

"Google search, Radio Stations, Denver Colorado" or "Calendar, Events, Today" or how about "Email, compose,to Pin Stack, spell check, send"

I see it coming in the applications I use and I believe the first to come to market with it will become the MicroSoft of the smart phone, the Google of the handheld device.

Both RIM and Apple produce solid products largely free of bugs and very reliable so the expectation would be that when it, voice command, was introduced it would be a finished products.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    A simpler way:

In Germany, iPhone is being introduced by T-Mobile

Robm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Voice interaction is definitely the way to go...although now I will need to hear everybody talking to their phone

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Hah, one thing that I found about voice integration, it sucks. It kills the whole privacy idea! But I do agree that rim could use some work with their os, I love it the way it is, but it could use better desgin team! As long as rim can trully revolutionize the os desgin and do some background work, they will stay on top! Apple is a dangerous competitor, it only has been out for 10 months in the wireless mrket, and reallisticly offer only one phone and has already started to climb the market past everyone else! So if you see my point, apple, if rim are not carefull and redesgin the ui, will shoot right to the top leaving rim in the canal!

A lot already switching over to mac, due to the awsome system and clever marketing! Don't get me wrong, I use mac now and its far supperior to windows! I have been with rim for quite a while, but I would have to say tht unless rim steps up the game, I will be switching over to the new I phone, it lacks few basic features, but still good!

Let's get real here for a second I have used 4.5 (don't pm for it, I will delete all the messages!!!!!!!!!) The improvements are pathetic, I voice recorder and video capture, what the hell were they thinking!?! Phones from 2 years ago (ROKR) had thouse features! Bes only html mail... As far as I see it, bes users use least html emails as most is work and is done through basic text formats! Bis are the once that use it the most! There are more tht I won't bother mentioning, so there is my rant!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

Ryo Misaki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    237E0FA6
    Voice Command would be sweet as hell, so long as it functions well.
    I'd actually really like that idea. It'd save SOOO much navagation and typing time!

As for the privacy, well, I expect that's the choice of the user, isn't it? It should still have a keyboard and standard input for whoever doesn't want to say their stuff out loud.

But, for the most part, don't we already sacrifice 'privacy' as soon as we speak out loud on the telephone?

I think it's a great idea.
    ...my fingers are too big for the damned iPhone's touch typing. T__T

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Meh, voice comands were never my thing, but today I almost crashed lol, so I guess voice comands would be a nice feature while driving! But that's ll!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    ...but does it ever say,

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"?