My wife had recently shown me this post about Telus. If this is happening behind ... General Blackberry forum

sarifnoir no está en línea Stack level 1

The Telus push?

Advertisement

My wife had recently shown me this post about Telus. If this is happening behind the scenes it would make a lot of people like me, jump ship as soon as T-Mobile opens shop in Canada. As it stands right now I am paying almost double the money to Telus then what T-mobile is speculated to offer in early 09 (unlimited blackberry for $75.00 a month), there is no need to rock the boat now!

From Slashdot.com:

TELUS Forcing Customers Off Unlimited Plans

Posted by kdawson on Tuesday August 26, @05:42PM
    from the can't-eat-all-that dept.

"Canadian telco TELUS sold a bunch of (expensive) Unlimited EV-DO aircard accounts last winter and are now summarily canceling them or forcing people to switch to much less valuable plans. TELUS is citing 'Violations,' but their Terms Of Service (see #5) are utterly vague and self-contradictory. The TELUS plans were marketed as being unlimited, without the soft/hard caps that the other providers had at the time. They were purchased by a lot of rural Canadians who had no other choice except dialup. Now TELUS is forcing everyone to switch from a $75 Unlimited plan to a $65 1GB plan, and canceling those who won't switch. Have a look at the thread at Howardforums, a discussion of the TELUS ToS (in red at the bottom), an EV-DO blogger who's been a victim, a post at Electronista, and of course Verizon getting fined for doing the same thing! Michael Geist has taken an interest as well."

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Really?! Very interesting information! Sounds like a bunch of crooks to me!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DataCentre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208759D5
    Rogers is doing it too. Everyone who signed the 6GB plan is being forced down to 1GB. I just got my bill for one month, and I only used 47MB. Like I'll ever use 1GB in a month, so I couldn't care less really.

pauloh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301D6900
    A typical move by Telus, as soon as I can dump this mob I will. Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Hahahahhaa, I sold tons of thos. Ahh that's funny as hell, it works unlimited in the us as well.that's what the soc code intails lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~