Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by luciferseamus I was getting this error are well for a while and ... General Blackberry forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    I was getting this error are well for a while and it's totally the OS
    I wasn using 4.5.0.160 and ever since I went back to the telus 4.5.0.138 I have had zero issues.
    if you continue to have this error I'd recommend just changing what OS you are running. worked wonders for me!
    every device is different of course and what may work for me won't work for all.
    take for instance stonewall.
    he and I were running essentially that same phone... 8330 with the Telus 4.5.0.160 and I was getting the "media processor is busy" error after upgrading to the new BBM where as he didn't have this error.
    I went down to the telus 4.5.0.138 and PROBLEM SOLVED...
    I hope your new 8330 works better for you though.
    I actually had a lot of trouble with BBM 5.0 initially with the .250 I was running on my 8900. Took some removing/reinstalling of BBM and the OS to get it working, but I finally downgraded to the .231 from T-MO since it was from my own carrier and the BBM install went flawless and has worked great ever since. Wonder if some of the individual carrier 'bug fixes' could be causing some of the errors.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by teenisha View Post
    i think i want to attempt to install via OTA... it will be easier wont it?! anyone have a good OTA link for 9630? Im scaredd to do it via DM... lol even though when i put it on my 8330 i did it fine, but i think because i was trying to do it OTA first and didnt complete, i then did it via app loader and it worked perfect but wondering it it will be that easy with the tour being that its new and never been used..
    If the OTA method works, it will save you a few mins of time, but I received several errors when installing OTA on my 8900 and a friend's, so DM was my best friend. I was glad I downloaded it to my PC when I did, because for a minute there, all the links were going dead and people couldn't grab it. I had to email the files to a few friends to get them setup.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    i think i want to attempt to install via OTA... it will be easier wont it?! anyone have a good OTA link for 9630? Im scaredd to do it via DM... lol even though when i put it on my 8330 i did it fine, but i think because i was trying to do it OTA first and didnt complete, i then did it via app loader and it worked perfect but wondering it it will be that easy with the tour being that its new and never been used..
    Teenisha try this.
    Jonah got the link right, but the site had the wrong address (it was hhtttp, too many h's). I promise you this will give you the .zip files for your tour through DM.
    Back your phone up, thank me later.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I actually had a lot of trouble with BBM 5.0 initially with the .250 I was running on my 8900. Took some removing/reinstalling of BBM and the OS to get it working, but I finally downgraded to the .231 from T-MO since it was from my own carrier and the BBM install went flawless and has worked great ever since. Wonder if some of the individual carrier 'bug fixes' could be causing some of the errors.

We (some of the beta group) have been wondering too if that is not the root of the problem, wuth the various issues.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    that sounds pretty right on to me man!
    would have been nice to stay up oin the latest OS, but turns out what I thought was the latest OS was actually not...
    so I guess as long as the phone works properly and I get to still enjoy the new BBM I'm alright...
    only thing that sucks now is I'm wondering if an OS can cause battery drain issues?
    it may just be me but it seems like after I put this new OS on my phone my battery is going QUICK!!!!
    like I said, it may just be me
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    teen, I don't have a good OTA link any more - I think most of those were pulled by RIM. OTA is definitely the easier way to do it although be aware that I had a couple of "hang ups" doing the OTA install before I got it to complete. Some user will post a link for you if they have one. Good luck.

UPDATE: Teenisha, Just came across this set of links after I posted. Try here.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    We (some of the beta group) have been wondering too if that is not the root of the problem, wuth the various issues.
    Well I was reading the threads and seeing so many users who had to move from one OS to the other, either upgrading or downgrading, that I began to wonder if it was a specific carrier OS issue rather then a version number.

that sounds pretty right on to me man!
    would have been nice to stay up oin the latest OS, but turns out what I thought was the latest OS was actually not...
    so I guess as long as the phone works properly and I get to still enjoy the new BBM I'm alright...
    only thing that sucks now is I'm wondering if an OS can cause battery drain issues?
    it may just be me but it seems like after I put this new OS on my phone my battery is going QUICK!!!!
    like I said, it may just be me
    Totally possible man. I actually noticed my battery getting a slight bit of an increase in battery life going down from .250 to .231 on my 8900. Could just be my imagination, but my usage pattern is usually pretty much the same and I seem to have a bit more by day's end.
    How to upgrade your OS

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Totally possible man. I actually noticed my battery getting a slight bit of an increase in battery life going down from .250 to .231 on my 8900. Could just be my imagination, but my usage pattern is usually pretty much the same and I seem to have a bit more by day's end.
    hmmmm!
    drat! I don't know if I want to try getting another OS only find out that:
    a)It wasn't the OS and it's just my battery getting old (how long have your guys' batteries lasted? I don't mean hours I mean years? months? hmm that might be a good poll question)
    or
    b)it was the OS but BBM 5.0 won't work well with the new OS...
    I'm torn haha
    maybe if I can find an OS between .138 and .166 with out to much difficulty I'll give it a shot.
    back to looking at the carrier list and the OS's they offer I suppose. Not today though... today is about lookin' for work! damn recession!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    hmmmm!........................maybe if I can find an OS between .138 and .166 ..........
    FYI, 5.0 didn't work well for me on .160 (which I am still running with the original BBM) - I think it did for some or many but not me.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    does anyone know the max resolution for the avatar in the messenger? also now when i send an image through 5.0 it makes me crop the image before sending??? anyone else seeing this? almost as if they are trying to limit data transfer to not overload again...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's been fun using the new BBM 5.0 but my 8120's trackball crapped last night and I can't get it to load on my backup 8100. Hopefully it will work on it in the future.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    For me it works flawlessy. Some of the OTAs seems not working. So I replaced the CODs on my PC and start the AppLoader.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadidas View Post
    does anyone know the max resolution for the avatar in the messenger? also now when i send an image through 5.0 it makes me crop the image before sending??? anyone else seeing this? almost as if they are trying to limit data transfer to not overload again...
    I noticed it too. It's possible that the software is currently limited in the size of a picture it can send. Who knows, they may increase it. If nothing else it's a great suggestion to RIM.
    How to upgrade your OS

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    It's been fun using the new BBM 5.0 but my 8120's trackball crapped last night and I can't get it to load on my backup 8100. Hopefully it will work on it in the future.
    Used the Switch Device Wizard to switch to the 8100 and the new BBM 5.0 loaded onto the phone. I'm happy now.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I just HATE that I have to download n save a pic that gets sent thru bbm5 just to view it. Same with a voicenote, a ringtone...omg its annoying. I love the new look, but having to save stupid pix ppl send me at random is just a stupid feature. Idk if RIM thought that would be convienient or if it would the next best thing...but its not. Its not. It would be nice to leave stuff like that alone. I think that's my biggest complaint, followed by the intermittent texts that come n go when they choose. N if you text as fast as I do, the bbm5 freezes up after you send 3 or more messages fast. Sux man....really sux. But it is a beta n I hope it does get improved.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100