Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by wheelz Right now I am running 4.5.0.160 and it seems to be ... General Blackberry forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    Right now I am running 4.5.0.160 and it seems to be running fine. I hope it continues
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
    I don't know why I had the problem but it "got to me" finally. Getting a BBM and NOT being able to open the dialog to reply and NOT being able to do anything but reboot (for the several minutes it takes) gets annoying after a while. I think, as Azstar suggested, I'm just using a "cursed" 8330.

Anyway, I'm back to normal now so I'll just lean back and wait for the next 8330 "curse" to expose itself.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I don't know why I had the problem but it "got to me" finally. Getting a BBM and NOT being able to open the dialog to reply and NOT being able to do anything but reboot (for the several minutes it takes) gets annoying after a while. I think, as Azstar suggested, I'm just using a "cursed" 8330.

Anyway, I'm back to normal now so I'll just lean back and wait for the next 8330 "curse" to expose itself.
    I was worried when people started posting problems that I made a mistake loading it on my wifes and my phone. The only real issue I've seen is when repling to a contact it doesn't seem as fast. But I haven't had to reboot yet.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    I was worried when people started posting problems that I made a mistake loading it on my wifes and my phone. The only real issue I've seen is when repling to a contact it doesn't seem as fast. But I haven't had to reboot yet.
    If you haven't had the problem in the first few days of use you probably won't - I got it fairly quickly after installing.Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

sammifrmmiami no está en línea Stack level 1
    LOOOOOVE IT!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

teenisha no está en línea Stack level 2
    Who has downloaded it to their tour? I finally recievex my tour and want to start using but believe it or the new bbm has suck using my 8330!! Lol i want to install in my tour but scared!! How many sprint tour ppl installed and had no prblems?!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by teenisha View Post
    Who has downloaded it to their tour? I finally recievex my tour and want to start using but believe it or the new bbm has suck using my 8330!! Lol i want to install in my tour but scared!! How many sprint tour ppl installed and had no prblems?!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16
    Heres my post from last monday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    I just installed it and its pretty cool. Only took like 20 minutes out of my life.
    Got my tour the friday before, and had it on my tour ever since then. i have had no problems with it thus far and it was seamless.

Heres my post from last monday...

Got my tour the friday before, and had it on my tour ever since then. i have had no problems with it thus far and it was seamless.
    where did u get the link? Or did u do on dm?

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by teenisha View Post
    where did u get the link? Or did u do on dm?
    Dm, the locations are here.
    I just used the zip files, unzipped it and then through DM, well, you know what to do then i suppose.
    Also, as us IT people tell every one, back up your device before installing!! Just in case you dont like the results, you can go back to how it was before. Backing up your phone only takes 2 minutes at most via usb. I still have my back up (prior to installing BBM 5.0) on my pc just in case whateva happens, its only 3mb.
    Have fun.
    Oh and also be patient, your phone rebooting may take between 5-15 minutes.
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 07-27-2009 at 12:06 AM.

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E

blackberry messenger 5.0 leaked OTA, it works

I just downloaded it and it worked fine and is awesome. I have the new tour too. This link has specific files for each models.

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E

Denzel16 no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    I have been searching the internet for days and have determined that there really isn't a solution. Many thing there is an application that it conflicting to cause the 'media processor is busy' error. Not the memory card being full. Not the OS being out of date. If you get the error in the beginning of receiving your phone, you've got problems and the phone needs to be warrantied. That said after five days, my service provider is now shipping me a new 8330. Love to upgrade but thats what I am stuck with.

Even after pulling the battery many times and reloading the latest OS software, I still receive the errors eventually. Keep your receipts and claim it on warranty. Its a dud! I even thought there was a problem with the memory card which I have formated at least two times and now have removed it completely, the phone still doesn't work properly.

Order a replacement and save your time.

Good luck.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I think it works better on the newer OS's and probably wasn't intended for the pre-5.0 BB set. Time will tell. I also think they weren't ready for this one to be leaked (maybe?) - I'm willing to wait for a good copy though - I liked what I saw of it and its new features.
    agreed! it really wasn't meatn for the "older" OS bb's but I'm glad to make it work if I can!

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    I am really enjoying it!
    Me too!! ever since I was able to get this one running properly I've been SOOOO HAPPY!!

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    If you're wife's OS was 4.5.0.77 it won't work, had the same thing happen to my 8330 at first... then I loaded 4.5.0.166 and it's been running smooth ever since on my 8330...
    what carrier did you get the .166 from??
    I may have to try it... .138 has been good to me thus far, but I'm never opposed to tinkering... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Denzel16 View Post
    I have been searching the internet for days and have determined that there really isn't a solution. Many thing there is an application that it conflicting to cause the 'media processor is busy' error. Not the memory card being full. Not the OS being out of date. If you get the error in the beginning of receiving your phone, you've got problems and the phone needs to be warrantied. That said after five days, my service provider is now shipping me a new 8330. Love to upgrade but thats what I am stuck with.

Even after pulling the battery many times and reloading the latest OS software, I still receive the errors eventually. Keep your receipts and claim it on warranty. Its a dud! I even thought there was a problem with the memory card which I have formated at least two times and now have removed it completely, the phone still doesn't work properly.

Order a replacement and save your time.

Good luck.
    there is always a solution!

I was getting this error are well for a while and it's totally the OS
    I wasn using 4.5.0.160 and ever since I went back to the telus 4.5.0.138 I have had zero issues.
    if you continue to have this error I'd recommend just changing what OS you are running. worked wonders for me!
    every device is different of course and what may work for me won't work for all.
    take for instance stonewall.
    he and I were running essentially that same phone... 8330 with the Telus 4.5.0.160 and I was getting the "media processor is busy" error after upgrading to the new BBM where as he didn't have this error.
    I went down to the telus 4.5.0.138 and PROBLEM SOLVED...
    I hope your new 8330 works better for you though.
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 07-27-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Dm, the locations are here.
    I just used the zip files, unzipped it and then through DM, well, you know what to do then i suppose.
    Also, as us IT people tell every one, back up your device before installing!! Just in case you dont like the results, you can go back to how it was before. Backing up your phone only takes 2 minutes at most via usb. I still have my back up (prior to installing BBM 5.0) on my pc just in case whateva happens, its only 3mb.
    Have fun.
    Oh and also be patient, your phone rebooting may take between 5-15 minutes.
    the zip links didnt work =/....

Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    Alright guys! Good news!!!
    Everything seems to be back to normal
    Messenger is working, my media processor seems to be freed up to play what needs to be played when it needs to play it and I am, once again a happy BB user
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Do you have links for dm and ota for the tour?! sprint is carrier...

i think i want to attempt to install via OTA... it will be easier wont it?! anyone have a good OTA link for 9630? Im scaredd to do it via DM... lol even though when i put it on my 8330 i did it fine, but i think because i was trying to do it OTA first and didnt complete, i then did it via app loader and it worked perfect but wondering it it will be that easy with the tour being that its new and never been used..