Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Just upograded my verizon curve to 160. Want to install this but have some reservations ... General Blackberry forum

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro

Advertisement

Just upograded my verizon curve to 160. Want to install this but have some reservations on reliabilty. Anyone else running vzw 8330 with 160 have this running stable?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall72 View Post
    Just upograded my verizon curve to 160. Want to install this but have some reservations on reliabilty. Anyone else running vzw 8330 with 160 have this running stable?
    that's exactly what I had running but sprint instead
    I have an 8330 running on 4.5.0.160
    I had issues with it... reverted back down to the reg BBM
    waiting for some word about more reliability as well.
    anyone else with 8330 have better luck?
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 07-24-2009 at 04:46 PM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

ok, stonewall, I'm gonna try and upgrade again, I'll let you know what happens...
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Good luck!!!

thanks man!!

ok...
    so weird occurrence, is anyone else having problems with the new BBM disabling ringtones?
    I have berry buzz 2.0 and I figure that might have something to do with it but if I turn it off my LED stops light completely and I still get no rings...
    rebooting now with out berrybuzz enabled and we'll see what happens I guess
    anyone else experience this at all?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Lucifer, How'd you downgrade. I've had a problem even doing that!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Stonewall,

I'm running .160 on my Verizon Curve 8330 and I had no problems loading the new BBM and it seems to be running smoothly. No problems receiving or sending messages so far. Hope this helps.

Yeah, me! I'm .160 and I (unwisely) upgraded to BBM 5.0. I'd advise you to wait for the next version - this one isn't perfect and I've found it quite difficult to downgrade as well. That's just one opinion. Take it as such. Good luck!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Lucifer, How'd you downgrade. I've had a problem even doing that!
    I used DM
    uninstalled my device software from my computer and then reinstalled
    (wiping out all the BBM 5.0 files) then (of course removed the vendor.xml file) and plugged my berry back in and ran app loader it told me there were "updates" clicked next and it just took BBM "down a notch" haha
    no worries after that.
    I just upgraded again and now I'm having issues with ringtones...
    I love this new version (after I disabled proximity alerts) but now my rings don't ring...

I tried the same procedure, "uninstalled my device software from my computer and then reinstalled
    (wiping out all the BBM 5.0 files)" and got the 5.0 wiped out but when I attempted to use DM>Application Loader to downgrade...well, you have to read my previous posts - it didn't do anything.

hmmm
    ok then I'd recommend copying your contacts PIN's into memopad and then going through options and deleting blackberry messenger.
    when your phone boots back up plug it into your computer and run apploader and it will put the old version back on.
    maybe "try" making a backup and seeing if you can load your contacts that way
    should work...
    but I got a new one for you all
    anyone know what the device media processor is and why it might be busy after installing BBM 5.0?

I got this error msg after I tried going through media>ringtones>myrintones and tried to play any random ring...
    anyone having similar issues?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 07-24-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    hmmm
    ok then I'd recommend copying your contacts PIN's into memopad and then going through options and deleting blackberry messenger.
    when your phone boots back up plug it into your computer and run apploader and it will put the old version back on.
    maybe "try" making a backup and seeing if you can load your contacts that way
    should work...
    but I got a new one for you all
    anyone know what the device media processor is and why it might be busy after installing BBM 5.0?
    I'd do that except that BBM 5.0 isn't listed in my options>advanced options>applications list. That's the goofy thing about it - it's on my BB but it's not listed and I haven't been able to reinstall it so I can delete it!

REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!
    what the heck?!?!?!
    that is really odd!

Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!
    what the heck?!?!?!
    that is really odd!
    EXACTLY! It WAS there until I did the downgrade using the backup in the procedure. Then it went away from the applications listing but it was still the one on my BB! Now it's the one installed on the BB but it's not listed in the applications listing - furthermore, neither is the Blackberry Messenger 4.5. I have NO Messenger listing in my application list but the BBM 5.0 is the application that's installed. I'm a unique anomaly. :d ...a truely special talent! :d ...and I'm still running 5.0 and I don't want to any more.