Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by snipes mcgee Do you have two entries for BBM in the desktop ... General Blackberry forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Do you have two entries for BBM in the desktop manager? If so, remove the newer one from the dm, replace the old cods, delete vendor.xml and retry it
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I have "Blackberry Messenger" listed as 4.5 and that's all. I DID have that AND BBM 5.0 listed before I went through the earlier gyration but now only the 4.5 one. (Also, I have NO BBM's listed in my apps on my BB) - that's a little weird because 5.0 is on the BB and won't go away!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    You may have no choice but to delete it off your BB then re-install via DM JB....write down the PINs in case you have trouble with restoring your contacts :-/
    YIKES! That's a little scary but at this point I'd try anything if I thought it'd work. I just don't have much confidence in any of it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    When you said you completely deleted the OS, did you mean off the computer and reinstalled it on there and then reinstalled it on your BB? Did you check to make sure the Old OS directory was gone, Java folder and all. Some how the alx and cod files might not have been deleted therefor causing it to reinstall BBM on the new install.
    Yep that's what I did. I didn't check any directories. It all seemed to work flawlessly but, as I said earlier, it moved all my icons around (I hate that!) AND set all my notifications to notifier cricket and either vibrate or mute (I hate that too!).
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Quote Originally Posted by e-berry View Post
    i sent you a request because i wanted to try the barcode thing....

cool you may have to resend it, I got one in the middle of the mess, and dont know if it kept it or not, had to reboot like 4 times but eveything seems to be working now, its just being really slow..
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I have "Blackberry Messenger" listed as 4.5 and that's all. I DID have that AND BBM 5.0 listed before I went through the earlier gyration but now only the 4.5 one. (Also, I have NO BBM's listed in my apps on my BB) - that's a little weird because 5.0 is on the BB and won't go away!

YIKES! That's a little scary but at this point I'd try anything if I thought it'd work. I just don't have much confidence in any of it now.

Yep that's what I did. I didn't check any directories. It all seemed to work flawlessly but, as I said earlier, it moved all my icons around (I hate that!) AND set all my notifications to notifier cricket and either vibrate or mute (I hate that too!).
    JB, at this point I might actually try to install 5.0 again to get the reference to it listed on your applications list again. At that point, you should be able to actually remove it completely through DM or even the applications list. Sounds like some files got left behind, but not all. After that, a clean version of your OS should show BBM as not installed and prompt to install it in DM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    JB, at this point I might actually try to install 5.0 again to get the reference to it listed on your applications list again. At that point, you should be able to actually remove it completely through DM or even the applications list. Sounds like some files got left behind, but not all. After that, a clean version of your OS should show BBM as not installed and prompt to install it in DM.
    Thanks, MS, that sounds like a good idea from where I am now. I'll give the reinstall a try and go from there. I'm getting interrupted all the time right now so I do 1 or 2 things and then away I go again. I'll start with that - I'm out of town now so I may wait til I'm home later, whenever that is, in a couple of days to finish it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

OTA links posted on page 4 of this thread doesn't work any more. Any help there without having to read through this whole thead?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Per Twitter, New #outage update: RIM is experiencing latency with PIN messages. This will affect PIN messages, Blackberry Messenger, ...

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Per Twitter, New #outage update: RIM is experiencing latency with PIN messages. This will affect PIN messages, Blackberry Messenger, ...
    Think that includes OTA downloads, Petie?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I don't think so, but Cat reported this on twitter and this may have something to do with it:

RIM's lawyers have ordered sites to take down links to the 5.0BBM

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I don't think so, but Cat reported this on twitter and this may have something to do with it:

RIM's lawyers have ordered sites to take down links to the 5.0BBM
    Hmmm. Wonder why? ...because is was leaked "too soon?" or because it doesn't work so well? or ? Has this happened before? That is, RIM's lawyers order taking link sites down? Just wonder about it all.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I got 1 bold link on this page to work about an hour or 2 ago.. you might give it a try, it was from blackberrygurus

http://www.blackberryrocks.com/

I had to reinstall it, but it was a little slow... might try the alternate link for 83xx on # um 4 or 5
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    hey folks, downgrading my self (for now) very slow and I think Blackberry is on to us with this version. Who knows, they may be putting some sort of ingenious block on all 5.0 users or something. Needless to say - the program is beautiful, but I think I am with raton on this one and wait for the official release, will keep it on my pc anyway incase I hear that people are having better luck.

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

The link given below for the files doesn't work. Is there a different way to get the zip file I need?

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    yes it was leaked for the following devices Storm, Tour, Bold, 82xx Flip, 8900 Curve, and 83xx

CLick the link below to get the files:
    NEW BBM

m3axela no está en línea Stack level 1
    any one still have the zip files for the 8900 or the bold?!?!?! hooook me up plleeeeaasseee!!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by m3axela View Post
    any one still have the zip files for the 8900 or the bold?!?!?! hooook me up plleeeeaasseee!!!!
    The post right above yours has a link at the bottom.

m3axela no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    The post right above yours has a link at the bottom.

a link that works then? none of the zip files are available all of them come up not found or file has been removed

any one have these files on their computer for the 89000 and bold? the zip files that is that could email them to me?
    Last edited by m3axela; 07-23-2009 at 11:56 PM.