Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

You could either find the old .cods and put them back in the java folder ... General Blackberry forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

You could either find the old .cods and put them back in the java folder and remove the 5.0 .cods or you can completely delete the BB OS off your PC, not just uninstall, but delete it and then re-download and install fresh. I would think that would do it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks Az. Any help on finding and ID-ing the old files by name. I'm not that familiar with finding and moving files and I don't want to mess this up any more than it already is. That sounds like the quickest option though.

If I delete and reinstall that probably means I'll have to reset all my alerts at a minimum and probably reinstall much of the 3d-party stuff. That's my usual scenario - I don't know what I do wrong when I install OS's but that usually takes me 2-3 days to get back to normal. What a mess!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I have it on my BES's flip pearl 8230....works great!
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    I have it on my BES's flip pearl 8230....works great!
    I have it on my 8330 and it works great, when it WORKS! The problem is that at least once a day I get a BBM that I want to reply to - I reply to them always - and I can't even open the dialogue to reply. I have to reboot (which takes several minutes) to be able to get it back - it's very frustrating to me!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

DarkSmooth23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208765DF
    Where can i get the BB Bold files for the new BBM?

wvaseliou no está en línea Stack level 1
    I found an 8330-.160+5.0+4.6Hybrid.rar file from lycricals and put it in my Loader Files. I'll try and load that and see if it works.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSmooth23 View Post
    Where can i get the BB Bold files for the new BBM?
    underneath all the OTA links there is the links for the zip files... http://joshseawell.com/blog/2009/07/...leaked-for-bb/
    -Josh

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i upgraded my storm OS to 5.0 but i don't see the BBM.... i then tried to upgrade OTA to the new BBM 5.0 which didn't work. still could not see an icon. i don't know what to do.

i believe i got it to work. removed the BBM on the storm via DM and then i went to lyricidal's page for apps/hybrids and he has the BBM 5.0 OTA.. i used the BBM 5.0 (For 5.0/All) - English Only link
    Last edited by e-berry; 07-23-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: .
    --
    More than meets the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    ..........The situation/question:

When I connect to DM (4.6) and the BBM option is unchecked it wants to "remove" BBM.If I check the BBM option it says "downgrade" which sounds like the right choice so I leave that. After going to "next" tho, I get the no action required and it takes no action. I want to be careful - I've done a complete backup - and NOT remove for fear of losing my contacts. Even tho they're backed up I've had problems with the advanced restore too.

Anyone have any advice/solution for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    You could either find the old .cods and put them back in the java folder and remove the 5.0 .cods or you can completely delete the BB OS off your PC, not just uninstall, but delete it and then re-download and install fresh. I would think that would do it.
    Thanks Az. Any help on finding and ID-ing the old files by name. I'm not that familiar with finding and moving files and I don't want to mess this up any more than it already is. That sounds like the quickest option though.

If I delete and reinstall that probably means I'll have to reset all my alerts at a minimum and probably reinstall much of the 3d-party stuff. That's my usual scenario - I don't know what I do wrong when I install OS's but that usually takes me 2-3 days to get back to normal. What a mess!
    Just to follow up and FYI, I chose to delete the OS completely, re-download and re-install. I removed the vendor file and connected to DM for the "fix." I've got the same situation as outlined above:
    - when I check the BBM option (for the downgrade) and go to next, it says no action required.
    - if I select backup before the update and check the BBM option (for downgrade) and go to next it backs up and then goes thru some gyration which results in rearranging all my icons

Then when go to options>advanced options and list the applications it doesn't even show that BBM is on the device but it's there and it's the 5.0 version!

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4

Do you have two entries for BBM in the desktop manager? If so, remove the newer one from the dm, replace the old cods, delete vendor.xml and retry it
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You may have no choice but to delete it off your BB then re-install via DM JB....write down the PINs in case you have trouble with restoring your contacts :-/
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Just to follow up and FYI, I chose to delete the OS completely, re-download and re-install. I removed the vendor file and connected to DM for the "fix." I've got the same situation as outlined above:
    - when I check the BBM option (for the downgrade) and go to next, it says no action required.
    - if I select backup before the update and check the BBM option (for downgrade) and go to next it backs up and then goes thru some gyration which results in rearranging all my icons

Then when go to options>advanced options and list the applications it doesn't even show that BBM is on the device but it's there and it's the 5.0 version!
    When you said you completely deleted the OS, did you mean off the computer and reinstalled it on there and then reinstalled it on your BB? Did you check to make sure the Old OS directory was gone, Java folder and all. Some how the alx and cod files might not have been deleted therefor causing it to reinstall BBM on the new install.
    -Josh

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    egads, I was trying to find a working link for someone else, and found one and clicked download, and it seemed to be working and halfway through clicked cancel.. that was bout 15mminutes ago, all was fine till I just went to get back on, and now bbm icon is missing, but its still in installed apps, and I still had open conversations in messages folder, so rebooting arg.. Found 1 working link @ www.blackberryrocks.com
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Update, reinstalled from link in above post, rebooted, reloaded contact list, I had backed them up on previos, and also had auto backup...

Then when in an reregistered on the network, now rebooting again, and will see, contacts are back, I got a request and a couple of messages but cant tell if anything I send is getting recieved yet
    Last edited by rashard; 07-23-2009 at 04:36 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    Update, reinstalled from link in above post, rebooted, reloaded contact list, I had backed them up on previos, and also had auto backup...

Then when in an reregistered on the network, now rebooting again, and will see, contacts are back, I got a request and a couple of messages but cant tell if anything I send is getting recieved yet
    i sent you a request because i wanted to try the barcode thing....
    --
    More than meets the eye.