Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Its working great on my bold. I did notice I'm nit seeing anyones display pic. ... General Blackberry forum

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Advertisement

Its working great on my bold. I did notice I'm nit seeing anyones display pic.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

Thumbs up wow, wow, wow

I just downloaded this and i must say its the bomb, wow, like Mickey D's " I'm lovin it"..lol

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    T-Mobile user here. I love the new interface and options. Getting used to finding options in new places. I love the new display picture. I wish that was around when I first got my 7730. But I have one contact who says they are not able to see my picture. This was after I deleted and re-added that contact 3 times.

As far as service goes, I have been able to get from 2 to 5 full bars in my house. Last night I got "Searching For Network" in my own home. WiFi won't connect fully even though I don't have the WiFi feature anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Its working great on my bold. I did notice I'm nit seeing anyones display pic.
    Apparently, the avatars at the moment are for the user's own enjoyment... you're only able to see a picture for a contact if the person in your address book has a pic assigned to them. Seems counter-intuitive but whatever, the software isn't 100% anyway.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

shosh no está en línea Stack level 2
    UPDATE: I got sick of messages going through sporadically, pictures and voicenotes not going through so I reverted back to my old bbm. I think I'm going to wait for the official version

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Yes, the current version we're all downloading only looks at the address book for avatars. It doesn't sync with your contact's BBM to get their picture.

No issues whatsover with messages or pictures going through for me. Working great.

teenisha no está en línea Stack level 2
    Having issues w recieving mess... Seems to be delayed n the bf is noticing same! At first it was fine now its being a itch!! Lol i have 8330 os 4.5 n the bf has 8900!!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I haven't had any issues since getting it to install, but I'm willing to be that with everyone downloading this app and playing with it the last few days that a lot of servers are getting bogged down. People who ordinarily wouldn't use BBM that much are probably sending messages to everyone they know just to try it out. Be willing to be within another 2-3 days we'll see these lag issues disappear.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Can't view the site from work at the moment, but maybe we can get it merged over to the main BBM5 thread so others having problems with those links can try this one. Thanks for another alternative link.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am also on tmobile and noticing that messages are going through slow. I get a series of 3 parentheses next to a sent message instead of a check. Interestingly, if I close the message and then view the chat history, it will then show the message with a check. As long as they are going through I can live with it. I did a battery pull and it got better for a while but then it went back to the parentheses.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have not had much for issues, messages seem to be going through like normal, pics no problem too. I don't usually send voice notes and have not tried video yet. My only issue is more memory drain than before, but it's manageable...just need to reset about half way through the day.

It's worth it though, I never even expected to get the new BBM on my old curve anyway so I am not at all surprised that my BB needs a little help dealing with the new much larger BBM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    I am also on tmobile and noticing that messages are going through slow. I get a series of 3 parentheses next to a sent message instead of a check. Interestingly, if I close the message and then view the chat history, it will then show the message with a check. As long as they are going through I can live with it. I did a battery pull and it got better for a while but then it went back to the parentheses.
    that kinda sounds like a network problem and maybe not a BBM problem. have you noticed anything similar when sending texts?

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I have not had much for issues, messages seem to be going through like normal, pics no problem too. I don't usually send voice notes and have not tried video yet. My only issue is more memory drain than before, but it's manageable...just need to reset about half way through the day.

It's worth it though, I never even expected to get the new BBM on my old curve anyway so I am not at all surprised that my BB needs a little help dealing with the new much larger BBM.
    i don't have any increased leak on my storm. it might be,like you said,an extra burden on the older device.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am so stupid!!!!! I just lost everyone of my blackberry messenger contacts!!!!! I am livid!!! I use that word only because I don't want to curse on here.

-Hank

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    I am so stupid!!!!! I just lost everyone of my blackberry messenger contacts!!!!! I am livid!!! I use that word only because I don't want to curse on here.

-Hank
    No backup 1st sorry about that....and thanks for not cursing
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I copy the alx file and the cod files, should I run the app loader from windows explorer or from the DM. I am trying to do this on a Bold.

Thanks,

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Try dm shouls read an update for bbm