Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The changes do not revert after the time is up. Some of the changes are ... General Blackberry forum

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

The changes do not revert after the time is up. Some of the changes are transient, and are lost on the next device reboot. Some of the changes are written to persistent memory that isn't even touched by an OS reinstall.

As far as I know, all of the changes made to the screens apply immediately.

The time limit duration on the code just controls how long the engineering screens replace the "Help Me!" screen.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I have noticed, that the past few days i have a Escreen app popping up when I hit the menu button on my Storm. Now, I have posted in the Storm Beta threads that ever since I added the hybrid .109, when i tap the menu button, the app home screen has been popping up, and there is the Escreen app. I have been trying to duplicate this screen popping up again, but it goes on and off. Any insights on why this is popping up?

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Any TMo users meeting this with success? Drop me a PM if you are.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    here is an interesting post for UMA:
    http://www.blackberrynews.com/2009/0...n-t-mobile-us/
    Yes!!! The link above and the "Thyth-o-matic" got me UMA on my unbranded Flip. You guys freakin rock!!!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive been trying different things with the escreens... so far ive figured out how to change the led colors, how to check battery temperatures etc...

anyone else have any other information theyve figured out or useful?
    i see RED...

Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    As for entering it, I don't have a reduced keyboard device on which to test, but I imagine you follow the same Alt+Number for the numbers, and do multitap for the letters. From what I remember on the SureType keyboards, the only letter that would require a multitap is 'F', where you will need to push the DF key twice in quick succession.
    Just did this successfully on an 8220. I tried entering the code first like I would a password, (hit 4 twice rapidly for f) and that didn't work. Then just hit 4 once, and it worked. And yes, do the Alt+number for the numbers.

reddrvgon - I just got into it for the first time for the uma. I'm way too tired right now to just go in and play!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    well... im gonna be playing... and when you get a chance, share what you find out...

get some shuteye...
    i see RED...

Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    Just did this successfully on an 8220. I tried entering the code first like I would a password, (hit 4 twice rapidly for f) and that didn't work. Then just hit 4 once, and it worked. And yes, do the Alt+number for the numbers.
    So, entering a D and entering an F is the same process?
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

Thyth - seems so. My code had f's in it, and just pressing the key once for the f instead of 2x is what worked.

I did a battery pull today, and my flip went into an app error 523. It likes to do it randomly.

After using JLcmdr to reset the device and restoring from a backup, my changes from last night were gone.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make changes persistent? (as in, reset won't affect it?) I saw where Thyth said that some changes can't even be undone by an os install, any way to force the changes to stay the way I put them?

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3
    I also sorted out how to enable UMA on my unbranded 8120 a few months ago.

I have not figured out how to change the LED colours or keep the audio on AMR-F.

Those of you who have done this, which handsets are you using?
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    After using JLcmdr to reset the device and restoring from a backup, my changes from last night were gone.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make changes persistent? (as in, reset won't affect it?) I saw where Thyth said that some changes can't even be undone by an os install, any way to force the changes to stay the way I put them?
    Clearly JLcmdr wipes more effectively than an OS installation.

In any case, my generator isn't going anywhere. You'll be able to make those changes via the engineering screens as necessary.

Thank you!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    Thyth, your program is genius! I was able to get into the escreen on my 8310. However, I could not do the same for my 7290. It's running 4.1.0.377. No other numbers in parenthesis. I know you corrected the issue for 4.0; will you eventually do the same for 4.1?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast