Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by Thyth Emphasis on use any "UMA Enabled" BlackBerry. If you have an ... General Blackberry forum

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    Emphasis on use any "UMA Enabled" BlackBerry.

If you have an unlocked 8120, 8220, 8320, 8820, or 8900 (which are all UMA enabled), you can follow those instructions (substituting my generator in for the non-working username/password to get the code) to enable UMA.

The 9000, despite having a WiFi radio is not UMA enabled. Neither Rogers nor Orange (the two carriers that have UMA service and the 9000) offer their UMA services on the Bold, despite having other BlackBerry devices that support UMA just fine.
    i was looking at it from a US perspective, as opposed to a world perspective, forgetting that there are other carriers who support UMA outside of our shores. sad really...well for me that is

thelastdon99 no está en línea Stack level 1

UMA on blackberry

I am a newb at this so please forgive my ignorance. Why does the Blackberry.com site list the bold as a device that supports wi-fi and UMA? Maybe i am misreading it.
    Thanks!

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    You might want to create a new topic on the subject, as it has little to do with the device internals or the engineering screens.

But, looking on the device specifications of the Bold (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...ifications.jsp) versus the 8900 (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...ifications.jsp), you can clearly see that the 8900 states "Support for UMA/GAN" under the WiFi section, while the Bold states only "Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g enabled".

It is not supported in firmware. Why? Only an engineer from RIM could really tell us for sure.

In the future, it might be possible to make firmware alterations on the level necessary to enable it, but I've only just started analyzing the system under the BlackBerry JVM. I'll likely figure out subsidy unlock codes long before something like that.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    after all the searching, and realizing it just cannot be done, i just ordered an 8900 to put on my tmo contact. this way i have UMA, and i am a happy camper, because the 8900 is a badass phone, so it all worked out

Shaaddeez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is it possible to tweak the thythe o matic to accept a 4.5 os? No luck on a 8110
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    It works just fine with OS 4.5, as evidenced by the several hundred uses with that OS series.

Double check your PIN, uptime, and app version.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

Shaaddeez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone been brave enough to find a change that improves ur berry?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    How do you change the led colors?
    hey sorry, hadnt been following this thread for some time...

from the escreens menu, go into "os engineering screens"
    then go into "light controls" and you change the numbers for the green red and blue status led...

ive also been able to turn the backlights on n off but there's so much info in the escreens that its sometimes overwhelming...

btw, my escreens are permanent because of "the OTHER procedure" so ill be playing with these on n off...
    i see RED...

tgd
    tgd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    btw, my escreens are permanent because of "the OTHER procedure" so ill be playing with these on n off...
    Can you explain what is this "OTHER procedure"?

Thanks

TGD

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I can't... ... If I tell u I'd have to...

Croe no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am making a completely uneducated guess here, but probably by un/debranding the phone. This permanently opens all escreens and features such as enabling/disabling 3G and such.

Quote Originally Posted by tgd View Post
    Can you explain what is this "OTHER procedure"?

Thanks

TGD

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Croe View Post
    I am making a completely uneducated guess here, but probably by un/debranding the phone. This permanently opens all escreens and features such as enabling/disabling 3G and such.
    That is correct sir... But how I did it is a matter of national security... And I must refrain from indulging that information "publicly"... However, if you were smart enough to contact me somehow...

Croe no está en línea Stack level 1
    For the Daily Double, What is MFI multiloader. Now if only you could tell me how to get it to run on Vista 64 or MAC then I may have to send you a PM!

That is correct sir... But how I did it is a matter of national security... And I must refrain from indulging that information "publicly"... However, if you were smart enough to contact me somehow...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I will ! ! !

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast