Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now I don't want any of you to take this personal, but my days as ... General Blackberry forum

BiggDaddyDutch no está en línea Stack level 3

the day has come !!

Advertisement

Now I don't want any of you to take this personal, but my days as a die hard BB user are cominmg to an end. As I finally got my hands on the BOLD today ! After the very long wait, I have decided that I will be getting the iPhone........ I know I know, and I don't want to hear it. The good news is, that I have a work issued curve that I will also be using all the time, and at the end of the month, that's being updated to the BOLD muhahahaha, I'm gonna have the best of both worlds. so yea this whold thing was a rant for nothing. Lol. Don't ask I was just in a mood.
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    "Best of both worlds"? What is the "best" of dropped calls and no 3g thanks to dud chips? No MMN. No copy and paste. MobileMess missing emails. Serious security issues precluding use for enterprise. You are making me envious of the Bold - and for free thru employer?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    the iphone is just a whore with a pretty face.....wait,where did i hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    the iphone is just a whore with a pretty face.....wait,where did i hear that?
    LOL! As if it's in the same league with the Bold!
    Though he'll probably enjoy certain features the gizzmo may have, and do his real world stuff on the much superior product from RIM

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Should be fun with the litigation against Apple over the unreliability of the new iphones with regards to speed, etc. http://www.al.com/business/birmingha...170.xml&coll=2 Think I'll stay with RIM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I might just get the Ipod touch as trade for my beat up firebird lol....Seriously i posted it on craigslist and this dude's willing to trade his ipod touch for my junky car hehehe. So i guess i'll also have the best of both worlds...i guess i gotta get acquainted with itunes ...sigh

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    See what you started Dutch??!! LOL!!!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Will be interesting to see what u think of both as u will be using them both in the real world.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Iphone is a sweet novelty phone. For business it's not all that, its ok though I'll stick with bb, and wait for the touch bb.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, BigDaddy, I'll wish you good luck with both phones! Have fun comparing, using and playing with them. Post back and let us know how you've come along with the change in a month or so - I, for one, would be interested to hear even though I'm not tempted by the iPhone.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    This is what RIM is trying to avoid. That is why I am not completly upset for the wait on the bold. The phone is good but the network sucks.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Iphone is a sweet novelty phone. For business it's not all that, its ok though I'll stick with bb, and wait for the touch bb.
    The iPhone is unsuitable for business purposes due to SERIOUS security issues. They are being sued for misrepresentations involving performance attributable to junk chips and not insuring proper performance prior to release. Then we have a laughably shoddy MobileMess for BIS customers. Laurel & Hardy set up the millions trying to upgrade os and activate at the same time.
    Now as to Thunder and it's touch screen - I won't go there. Love the querty and am sticking with. What's of note is RIM's ingeneous development and marketing...flip, touch screen, and 3g BES querty about to hit the shelves with features that consumers have been clamoring for. Go RIM

MistyBlue0406 no está en línea Stack level 2
    OMG your comments on this has me crackin' up. LOLOLOL. You all are so funny!!!
    Last edited by jblackfish; 08-24-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: font color, all bold
    ~MistyBlue0406~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Well, BigDaddy, I'll wish you good luck with both phones! Have fun comparing, using and playing with them. Post back and let us know how you've come along with the change in a month or so - I, for one, would be interested to hear even though I'm not tempted by the iPhone.
    I echo your comments. It will be interested to hear from another persons perspective.

That said, my best friend who is an early adopter, got the iPhone 3G, and it's very buggy, just like we have been reading about. Like myself, he's a hard core BlackBerry addict and only bought the iPhone to play with, not as a BB replacement. And yet even as a pure toy, it's marginal. And it's also important to note that neither of us are Apple detractors. Just realistic and spoiled by the world class reliability, functionality, and usefullness of a BlackBerry. Bottom line... nothing comes remotely close to a BlackBerry.

As far as the wait for the Bold is concerned, one day it will be here, and we will quickly forget about the wait. For no other manufacturer, has a track record like RIM.

Cheers

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Could you post a review? Since you will have used both the bold and iphone it would be nice to see what you think. All the reviews I have seen don't really give the iphone the credit It deserves and you seem like your willing to give it a chance.
    Thnx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast