So, since my job offered to pay for my cell phone, I switched my number ... General Blackberry forum

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question The Darndest Thing!!!! CURVE & Pearl both getting emails!

Advertisement

So, since my job offered to pay for my cell phone, I switched my number over to them (already had AT&T) and they gave me a CURVE ( I just got a pearl 4 months ago) with my same number. So I take my old SIM card out of the Pearl and put it in my CURVE and set up my email addresses and it works, fine no problem. Then, i insert a spare SIM (extra line i had on my account) into my Pearl and guess what? I am still getting my emails on the Pearl as well. not the text messages. But all my email address still come through,,which is super i guess. Doesn't really matter, but was just wondering why that is. ??? Has this happened to anyone else? Where you can get your emails on both your old and new blackberry?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    It's because it still has the BES service books on it. If you want to stop the emails from going to it, you can delete the service books by going to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did you switch the devices (using the PIN) on the AT&T blackberry website, or just enter in all of the account information on the new device when you got it? It sounds like it's a PIN issue, meaning you have two seperate BIS accounts on the two devices, with the same email addresses in them.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Are you paying for your old service still?

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am only paying for the Pearl. I had another number on my account that i just added so i could get my husband the pearl at the new contract price. They had approved me for up to 4 lines so hey!) LOL shoot for 9.99 ..i figured why not. after everything it only cost me $49.99 for his new CURVE.

i just added the email addresses to the new Curve, but i assumed that somehow the system would only send the emails to one registered phone or pin number.

i think i actually like the fact that it is like that so for now i will just keep the emails to both since the Pearl is my backup phone and line.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    it appears that both are registered on the company server and in the service books it now is registered to be pushed to both devices. its actually not a bad thing like you said