Well my 8900 is going back to T-mo tomorrow. What options are out there? Something ... General Blackberry forum

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down The BB 8900 full of glitches, what else is there?

Advertisement

Well my 8900 is going back to T-mo tomorrow. What options are out there? Something with E-mail, large contact files, Web, and tether. The 8900 was just too buggy. T-mo and RIM have been pointing fingers all day at each other. Maybe I should just revert to the original Curve. I think after 1.5 years RIM finally has that one solid.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    What do you feel is buggy? Are you talking software or hardware? My Curve is tight and not having any problems yet. I have upgraded to the official .152 with .133 radio. It's all good so far.
    __
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 02-26-2009 at 01:30 AM.

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The OS may be the problem. T-mo is always so slow in adapting new OS versions from RIM. If the new OS was not better than the old one, why does RIM keep changing them? Anyway it has to do with the MY FAVES and it NOT WORKING well with the 8900. Mine was OK for 2 weeks then went south and no one can answer why. pdxmatts is already on .152, but T-mo is stuck on .114.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    You don't have to wait for Tmo to get any OS. Doesn't matter where you get the OS from as long as it's for the 8900.

So if it's buggy and what not just upgrade. No need to bring the phone back because the phone is fine as long as you upgrade.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I dunno dude but if that thing's giving you problems I would advise you to revert to your steady curve. Remember it's still a new device and it's bound to have a lotta glithches here and there. Wait it out a bit more I guess till they release a nice upgrade on the OS. Or do what Archer did and some more people are doing now and try that G1 I know I would if I was with Tmo unfortunately I'm stuck with AT&Apple. But then again, why try a new device which is also probably give you hell. Stick with what works for you best dude. It's your money
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

caldw3l no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABAE06
    What do you mean by radio?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    What do you feel is buggy? Are you talking software or hardware? My Curve is tight and not having any problems yet. I have upgraded to the official .152 with .133 radio. It's all good so far.
    __

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    While I don't use tmo, I can safely say I've had very few problems with my 8900. On .133.
    The only issues I've had have been either user error (weatherbug settings) or software that wasn't designed for 4.6.
    I don't have blinders on or suffer from "new phone euphoria". Just feel this is a solid smartphone. I had more probs with my iPhone, service, buggy OS builds etc. Paid the price of being an early adopter with that one.

I'd say upgrade the os to .133 or do the hybrid.