Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most of us have done it atleast once, if not numerous times. That dreadful moment ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

The "Battered Berries" Thread

Advertisement

Most of us have done it atleast once, if not numerous times. That dreadful moment you have dropped your BlackBerry. So this thread is your chance to tell the world about it. How? Where? Why? Pictures? Videos? Damage? Let's hear 'em.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Walked into a Best Buy once. As soon as I walked into the front door, the 8700 (as I way typing on it with no case and one of MANY times it has been dropped) slipped out of my hand and headed straight for the floor. I figured I would try and deflect the blow with my leg. It didn't work. The berry bounced off my shin and looked like a punt from an NFL kicker as it flew through the air and slammed into the side of a DVD display, then crashed to the ground. Amazing, no damage what so ever. Not even a scratch.

With the 7105 I actually set a computer tower down right on the screen on my desk one day. Left a nice 1" long gash right down the middle of the screen. Luckily it was only the outer housing and not the screen itself.

Have only dropped the 8100 once, and the result was a little nick in the top "chrome bar thing".
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When I had my 7290 dropped a lots of times but he was made heavy to take damage but I only dropped my 7130e one time and almost cried

I was showing something to a coworker before going home and it slip and fall in the parking and I really didn't like the sound I heard
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Umm... I haven't dropped the pearl yet, but the 7105t, that's a different story! Let's just say I was "four sheets to the wind", when someone said my phone wasn't durable. From there, I proceded to throw my BB across the road. Why? I don't know... I just got a couple of minor scratches though! I proved that man wrong!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Hahaha. Good stories so far. Maybe I'm clumsy, maybe I just have my Blackberry out of it's case more than it's in. But I've probably dropped mine 30-40 times. Yes, that much. There's a fair amount of scratches all around the edges, but only one tiny 5 mm scratch on the screen. Never broke anything, been very lucky. I'm perhaps the only person that seriously considered one of those ugly aluminum cases.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    OK well this didnt actually happen to me but prior to me becoming a BB owner i knew a guy who had a 7290 i think... Anyways he had it clipped to his belt and we were at an outdoor concert type setting.... Needless to say nature called and he had to answer. BB clipped to his belt he took care of his business and when he went to pull up his pants... POP. Off the BB went and INTO the port a potty.... How many kinds of nasty is that...... he had to fish it out and after a very tedious cleaning it worked fine..... Gross
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    I fall asleep with my blacberry in hand on the bed. One night, the charging plug went across the wall to my blackberry on the bed. I go off my bed to use the bathroom and I tripped over the charging cable. I kicked so hard while the Blackberry was still on the cord it went flying around like a pinball all over my ceramic tile. Some cosmetic damage to the back side and some gouges. Only thing hurt is the y button works 50% of the time.

Dustman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C59DD0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hehe my wife in a fit of rage threw my 7290 off of our 2nd story balcony it is now retired then just the other day I dropped my pearl on the marble tile in our kitchen and now my trackball is bare and still falls out cause the retaining ring broke I'm really sad untill the new one gets here

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    i hate the thought of dropping mine and i have before and somehow i feel different about it after i drop one for the first time. you know your like wow i got a Brand new phone, then next minute you drop and it feels like a used phone thats been through a few people and was a hand me down to you..lol

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165
    The first time I dropped my 7290, I nearly had heart failure. I was arguing with this heiffer about the price of something at Old Navy, and my phone started ringing, when I snatched it out of the case my hand slipped and it went flying across the store .. when it hit the floor.. the back came off and went one way.. the battery flew out and went the other way, and the Berry kept sliding in the same direction it was originally going..lol. No damage thank goodness!

Now the 8700.. I cried when I dropped it the first time. Just a few days ago in fact..lol. I stepped out of my truck and the wind and rain hit me pretty hard, I grabbed my coat to cover the berry but it was tucked somehow between the berry and the case.. and when i pulled, out popped the berry into a huge puddle. I thought it was toast for sure! I just took it all apart and laid it out in the truck while I did my shopping. Went home and used the blow dryer on it.. popped everything back together and worked fine..lol.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3
    went with my best friend to pick up her son from school we decided to take the short cut back home we went through the park her son was playing with me he was holding my hand we skipped down a hill i heard something drop it was my blackberry it has like three dents in the upper right hand corner or the case i was pissed i took my blackberry off the floor and put it in my pocket i barely said a word the rest of the way home.i am still sad when i look at it all scared up.but it still works fine and it was in the holster so there was no damage to the screen whew!!!

drarmament no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30312A82
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hi I'm new to Pinstack.
    I let my wife use my lil baby pearl in the car as I was driving. We stop to get some thing to eat and here she jumps out of the car and it get goes fling across the parking lot. Luckly just some nicks on the chrome thing.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3
    My first incident was just the other day. I was coming down a ladder & somehow I bumped my pouch causing my BB to slide up & out of the case. From about 6 feet in the air it fell to the concrete floor, bounced straight up (about 4 feet) & hit the floor again, bounced up & traveled another 2 feet up & then it came to a rest on the floor. I was so afraid to look at it. It has a hairline crack about 3/8's of an inch long in the top right hand corner by the silent switch. It is barely noticeable. I am lucky that is all that happened to it.

bshelly no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I was out with a co-worker after having worked on her home computer. To thank me for getting 300+ viruses off of her computer she took me out to dinner. Afterwards, when walking back to my car, my arm rubbed up against my holstered 8700c and flung it in to the air and across the asphalt underneath a pick-up truck parked on the street. It was raining and we both got drenched while I recovered my BB from under the pick-up. I was really embarassed about that.

When we got back to her house I took the time to look at my BB. I was really upset as my 8700c now has big gashes in the housing on three of the corners and the chrome border around the screen has some nicks in it too. Luckily it did not get that wet and works ok. I now have a Sprint 8703e and the Seidio body skin and skinned holster to protect it. I also have the Total Equip. Protection from Sprint just in case. Trust me, the $6.00 per month is worth the peace of mind.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    On my last Move to my new house I stepped out of the U-Haul truck with my Pearl on my lap... straight onto the concrete. Skin on the front and back but the sides, got pretty scratched up.
    Thankfully it still worked just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast