Can anyone recommend a encrypted text messaging app? i'm starting to hear way too much ... General Blackberry forum

jeepin6996 no está en línea Stack level 1

texting privacy

Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a encrypted text messaging app? i'm starting to hear way too much about these things being accessed - even over the air!

nevermind - i found it.. should have googled a little more. gomycell.com - total encryption handset to handset and works on more than just BB. cool part is it has long texting - no more 160 character limit!

thanks

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    As far as wireless goes, nothing is private, there is no security. Its scary but with technology these days, there is always someone smarter then another and able to hack the false security we suposidly have on our computers and wireless devices.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

I considered that and did some research on the encryption they use... i think hundreds of computers with PHD level mathematicians massaging the results over two years to factor one key, when it takes cracking two keys that can be changed monthly for the paranoid, is pretty darn secure. Making the effort to crack a 768bit key far too costly... i'm sure longer keys will be used by years end just for good measure if it ever comes into question. true enough its always back and forth.

Google and some reading...
    The Bedford, Mass.-based company said that the factoring of a challenge number of a specific length does not mean that the RSA cryptosystem is broken. "It does not even mean, necessarily, that keys of the same length as the factored challenge number must be discarded..."
    http://news.cnet.com/RSA-launches-cr..._3-270453.html

http://eprint.iacr.org/2010/006.pdf
    The following effort was involved. We spent half a year on 80 processors on polynomial selection. This was about 3% of the main task, the sieving, which was done on many hundreds of machines and took almost two years.

"Most of the time the available 896 GB RAM sufficed, but during a
    central part of the calculation more memory was needed (up to about 1 TB) and some swapping occurred."