Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good MOrning. I text message ALOT. And i've some to find out that theres a ... General Blackberry forum

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Text Message Conspiracy???

Advertisement

Good MOrning. I text message ALOT. And i've some to find out that theres a time lapse between me sending the message and the party receiving the message. Could it be a delayed timing when sending messages to other service carriers? Whats your experience been like?

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

Re: Text Message Conspiracy???

i am on verizon and mine are transferred pretty quick

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~There are times that texts are slowed down. There are peak times when you have X amount of users, then there are times when you have less people using the network. During peak times you may notice a slight delay.

Also sometimes there is a delay when sending to another network.

This is how Tmo explained it to me.

But the only thing I've noticed, is when my sister n law sends pics of her kids to me. She is Sprint im tmo. They can take up to a half hour to arrive. We timed it one day at a cookout. It was just over 27 minutes for one pic to arrive. Other than that I've never really noticed any delay.

I do know if you have an application running, that application can affect send time.

Just putting my stone in the water.

PIN/ID

Thats exactly what i was getting at. My friend has T-mo and imo on nextel. It takes like you said 15-20minutes to deliver. Thanks for the input.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

yeah there is usually a delay between providers and i have found nextel is the worst. When i had nextel if i sent a text message to anyone outisde of nextel it took forever. When i went with cingular that stopped.
    text messages are almost instant now.
    nextel support basically told me it wasn't their problem because it was outside of their network
    a cingular rep told me that nextel has a huge delay on all text messages outside their servers....
    who knows....

PIN/ID

I guess with a feature like D/C. Its worth the delay. lol I just call the contact when i get fed up.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

The DC thing ticks me off when it's used in a public place. I really DON'T want to hear someone elses conversation. You CAN turn off that speaker and just use the DC like you would a phone. To often I get the feeling that people like the DC so they can use it at a bar or a supermarket.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

This is why I PIN. Of course, it's a moot point if the person you're messaging doesn't have a Blackberry. I found at time that it would take hours for an SMS to get delivered and in some cases, they were just simply lost.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

From the other side of 49...

Rogers to Rogers, coast to coast, SMS are delivered in seconds. Usually 2 or less.

But sending to other carriers does have lag. Sending to Telus is worst.

The other thing to consider, BlackBerry users like to type...a lot...if your SMS is more than 160 characters, your carrier may do different things with it. Rogers will truncate the SMS and deliver it in multiple SMS, 1 of X, 2 of X, X of X. But rarely are they received in order, from my experience.

Newer phones (not just BB) may have the ability to disply a multi SMS message as 1 long message, and in that case, the device may wait for all the packets of the message to arrive before notifying the user of a new message. (I have noticed this with moto and BB.)

PIN/ID

Yes. i HATE early in the morning when people use the D/C. No manners. Like i wanna hear them talk to their girlfriend at 5:25 in the A.M. I even find myself saying loudly " there is a private a button.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Nextel phones have been banned in many places due to the lack of respect customers show while using the Direct Connect. BUT, Nextel is the only company that you dont have to give your DC to anyone if you dont want to, to avoid them yelling over your walkie talkie. Each other company has 1 number, your cell is your walkie talkie number. I like having 2 numbers so you are not a victim of the good ol' "BEEP" "HEY DUDE, WHATS UP?" "BEEP" while you are in a meeting!
    As far the text messaging issue, I dont know what to say. I have had maybe 10 text messages that have been delayed in my 5 years with Nextel, as a customer. While working for them I have noticed tons of customers that have issues with text. It doesnt matter if its intracompany or intercompany, lots of people have delayed issues. Most of them are on lower grade phones, usually phones that do not support MMS, only SMS. I notice on my BB I have had only 1 problem. A friend sent me a text at 11:00am and I did not receive it until 8:00 pm. The great thing about BB is you can see when the person originally sent the message. Other phones do not have a timestamp, so you dont know if it was sent then, or 10 hours ago. What I do to solve customer issues with text messaging is go to the net, hold down the menu key, go to advanced, and restart browser. Works every time, text messages start flowing in!

PIN/ID

What do you mean "go to the net"? I have opera mini and the nextel browser. Please elaborate.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I didnt clarify, only on non BlackBerry phones you can do this. I never ever have customer that have issues with texting on a BB. Sorry.

PIN/ID

oh o.k. thanks anyway.

mqrx97 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201e0540

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Omg. Nextel text messaging sucks. Reason being is the phone needs to basically jump on the net to send the message. Like the old sprint "short mail". I hated that also. Anyone know what I'm talkin about??

One side question..

I've had my BB for about 1 month. Are my thumbs supposed to be sore??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast