I store actual .txt files on my media card, and they open when you explore ... General Blackberry forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Text files on media card

Advertisement

I store actual .txt files on my media card, and they open when you explore and click on them... BUT, the background is black and you have to use select mode and highlight the text to read it. I tried going to browser settings and disabling foreground and background colors, no effect.

If I email from my BB to my BB, the text file shows up in the email reader just fine. PDF files do the same thing if it's not in an email. Anyone know how to fix this, or if I just have to have an external reader? I tried mobireader on other devices and unless they've improved it greatly for the BB, I want nothing to do with it.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Re: Text files on media card

you do need an external program to view files without it being an attachment. i forgot the name of it though. it's 100 dollars if memory serves me correctly.

fritzykadoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FB96F8

The Mobipocket reader program will read .txt, .pdf, .prc, .doc and several other format files on the media card. The beta version is the one to use (I think it is version 6.xx) as the released (non-beta) version does not do medica cards too well. The only requirement I have seen so far is that the files need to be in a floder called "eBooks" at the root level of the media card.

Check it out and let us know if you need any further help. Also searc the forums for "mobipocket" to get other tips. Good luck.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Well I don't want to spend $100 on a reader. I guess I'll try the mobi beta. Not much choice? LOL. Thank you. I just wish the BB did it on its own.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

well i always just e-mailed myself the .doc or .txt files as an attachment then copied them and pasted to memo pad...works great for me, maybe it can for you too

adamhosman no está en línea Stack level 2

Ya thats what i do also, I E-mail them to myself. Works great